1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Might build this computer

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Noobcomputermaker, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Noobcomputermaker

Noobcomputermaker New Member

Thanks Received:
  2. PVTCaboose1337

PVTCaboose1337 Graphical Hacker

Thanks Received:
    If you are not a heavy gamer, then that is WAY overkill.
  3. KBD New Member

Thanks Received:
    Agreed, either a laptop or just get a simple PC for ordinary use, no killer GPUs, etc.
  4. r31ncarnat3d

r31ncarnat3d New Member

Thanks Received:
    Unless you're looking to SLI, I'd choose a different motherboard to save some money.

The Gigabyte P35s offer major overclocking headroom with a cheaper pricetag, if you want a single card system.

Also, if you do choose to change motherboards, make sure that it's compatible right out of the box with a 45nm processor (the one you chose), or you'll need another on hand to update BIOS to support your q9300

But since you don't game anymore, this is overkill. I'd suggest either a PC or laptop (depending on your preference) with a simple Core 2 Duo, geforce 8600, with 2 GB RAM
  5. Noobcomputermaker

Thanks Received:
    I am thinking of getting a Dell Xps M1530, it's still expensive but is full Hi def resolution screen, 4gigs of ram, Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T9300 (2.5GHz/800Mhz FSB, 6MB Cache),

I just want a laptop to start enjoying movies on anywhere in the house and music, and for photos.

the customized options i have picked out have this laptop at 1,893.
  6. Noobcomputermaker

Thanks Received:
    I just want the BEST possible laptop to watch movies on, have the best image, can play Wow (maybe if not its ok, i might quit) and sounds good.

so 1920x1200 resolution, has a good video card to support it, glossy screen (i like them), a nice cpu speed, at least 2ghz if not more, and so far thats costing more than this computer wishlist lol
  7. KBD New Member

Thanks Received:
    If going with a laptop i'd recomend staying away from Dell, their build quality & customer service have really gone downhill. Try Lenovo, i had one their lappys a few years back. Or also you can go with a custom integrator like AVA Direct, they are pretty good also.
  8. Noobcomputermaker

Thanks Received:
  9. KBD New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm not a big fan of Mac pcs but they have nice lappys and in your case this could be a nice choice. I know your buddy has one, but read up on it a bit see what reviews say.
  10. 0V3CHKiN New Member

Thanks Received:
    What do you use your computer for? You are throwing out a lot of ideas, but they aren't necessarily what you need.
  11. Noobcomputermaker

Thanks Received:
    I am really bored of gaming, and my computer's hardware is outdated, so I can't upgrade from it, and I do not want to build another computer. So I want a laptop to watch movies on around the house (So Hi def is a must), listen to music on, internet, and be able to handle JUST World of warcraft incase i ever go back to it. But the main reason I am doing this is for a change, I have had this computer for a long time and I want to see what its like to own a laptop, the only reason i suggested that imac is because its 24 inch screen and full hi def. If its one thing I love about laptops is their screens look amazing as far as detail when you see them in the stores, yes i like glossy lol
  12. 0V3CHKiN New Member

Thanks Received:
    When you say "High def", do you mean being able to play 1080p content or being able to hook it up to a TV for high def playback? Any computer can play DVDs, and very few (and expensive) machines can play 1080p content (Blu-ray). Just because the iMac has a 24" screen doesn't make it "high def".

If you could, expand on what you mean by this.
  13. Noobcomputermaker

Thanks Received:
    I mean a resolution of 1920x1200. I really just want a computer to watch movies on, but looks amazing visually wise, i just don't ever see that in computer monitors Verse laptop computer monitors. I also want to convert to a laptop to take with me places as well, since i wont be tied down to gaming.
  14. 0V3CHKiN New Member

Thanks Received:
    Noobcomputermaker says thanks.
  15. Noobcomputermaker

Thanks Received:
    Yeah that looks nice, honestly i want the best laptop for watching movies on for under 1,700. I just love the visuals on them
  16. Noobcomputermaker

Thanks Received:
    Think that is the best one for the money ? ^^