1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Mini ITX Home Server build

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by t_ski, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Cybrnook

Cybrnook

Thanks Received:
    What I like about UnRaid over freenas, is Unraids spread of whole files over the drives (not striped). Formatting is the same as FreeNAS I believe with Reiserfs, meaning that if a drive falls off from unraid, chances are you can boot it up as a slave to any Linux OS and copy your whole files off. Not sure ZFS (FreeNAS) can do that.

Anyways, nice little clean build. Looks great :) Have fun with it!
    t_ski says thanks.
  2. fasteddy2020

Thanks Received:
    I love this build. I have been watching it for some time now and today I ordered the parts for my machine. Some similar and some not. Some parts I got here in the B/S/T thread. Thanks t_ski for keeping us up to date. The research you have done makes me confident that this is the way to go.
    t_ski says thanks.
  3. t_ski

t_ski Former Staff

Thanks Received:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. fasteddy2020

Thanks Received:
    I go over to WeGotServed all the time trying to read up on the add-ins and advice to see what will work for me. Hopefully mine will turn out as well for me as yours did for you. I kinda wish I purchased WHS v1 instead of WHS 2011 but not having used either I can't really say which is better for me. I am just really anxious to get building. Hope 2TB hard drives come down in price soon. ;)