1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Mini ITX Multi purpose build

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by eightclicknine, Nov 19, 2011.

1. eightclicknine New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys,

I am planning to build a mini itx for mult purpose use.
    It should also be budget friendly, i dont want to exceed 300$ if possible. ALot of the parts i can scrounge from work, such as RAM and a CPU possible.
    The boards:
    http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=A75M-ITX
    I like this choice for the integrated HDMI, and that it is generally pretty solid.

ZOTAC GF6100-E-E AM3 (up to 65 watt TDP) / AM2+ / ...
    This is a cheapy AMD option which looks ok. i have a couple spare amd cpus i could throw in.

Foxconn H67S LGA 1155 Intel H67 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s Mi...
    This one is reasonably priced, and the support for an i3/i5/i7 and the max memory it supports. Lets say im leaning towards this. Could anyone suggest a good case/low rise HDMI pci-e card for this board?

Just looking for opinions. Basically, i want this to do all computing tasks minus gaming.

2. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    If you are just building a nice PC to use for everything but gaming I suggest this:

Motherboard: ASRock A75M-ITX

CPU/GPU: AMD A6-3650 APU

Case/PSU: In WIN BP655

That should give you a solid base with a quad-core CPU, graphics card capable of playing older game engines like Skyrim, Portal 2, and plenty of juice for video streaming. All and in all that is about $250. Add 4 GB of 1866 MHz RAM for around $40 and you should be good. If you need the DVI output, get a $4 adapter.

Curious as to why you needed a HDMI PCIe card for a board with HDMI built in?

3. eightclicknine New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks man, i could always use the extra card for some of my other things. I didnt even notice that last one had it too, thank you for pointing that out!
    For 250$ that is incredible, i appreciate the info. I will look into these.