1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Mini PC Cases

Discussion in 'NZXT' started by Champ, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Champ

Champ

Thanks Received:
    I've been using micro-atx boards for a few years now and I interested in building a gaming rig with one. I not asking for parts, because I have an ideal already, but I'm looking at cases. I saw the Fractal Designs Arc Mini with the build at Tom's and I read the mention of the NZXT VULCAN and I kinda like that. I plan to rig up watercooling. Both are kinda setup for it, but I'm not sure which would have room for 2 cards and the pumps and reservoirs and all.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  2. Suhidu

Suhidu

Thanks Received:
    You mean MicroATX? Mini-ITX boards have one expansion slot, thus not enough for two Graphics Cards. Also, both those cases are Micro ATX (up to four expansion slots).
    If so, it would probably help people to edit that.

Champ says thanks.
  3. Champ

Champ

Thanks Received:
    the board that i've had for a while is mini itx, but a gaming rig would be done with a micro. Thanks for the correction

4. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    The Vulcan is a great case. I had a Rampage III Gene with a 5970 in mine and a Noctua C12P-SE14 for a CPU cooler inside it. It got fairly cramped with the cooler, but the 5970 had room to spare. Adding a second card wouldn't be a problem.

For a water build it's going to be very tight, but doable. Some of the loop may need to be outside the case though.

5. Lazzer408

Lazzer408

Thanks Received:
    I tried to get NZXT to work with my on some designs to address the needs of matx and itx gamers but they didn't seem very interested.

Why would you choose matx over itx? Just curious.

I have the ark mini and it's a decent case. Suits my needs well. 2 fans have failed in 4 months but Fractal sent me 2 more for free. There are only 4 slots in the back so your pcie slots have to be in the right place. I think slot 1 and 3. My Z68 MSI board has the pcie slots in 1 and 4 so I can't use 2 cards in it. If you don't use the bottom 120mm fan then there's a nice spot there for pumps.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  6. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    There's an Aerocool QS-202, then there are a few from Lian Li (like the Lian Li PC-V600F) and Silverstone.

The Lian Li PC-V600F have room for 2 cards...maybe a pump and reservoir if you remove a HDD tray. That would mean mounting the radiator(s) externally then.

7. Lochban1088

Lochban1088 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi guys just idly browsing the forums and spotted this thread so thorght to pont out some desent case kit take alook hear
    http://www.xcase.co.uk/

8. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    I have a vulcan and it does very will in cooling and design. I am about to go mid tower ATX due to needing SLI and a full ATX board. I may sell my 4 month old vulcan.

Crunching for Team TPU
  9. JrRacinFan

JrRacinFan Served 5k and counting ...

Thanks Received: