1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Mini [Review] QcK Mini mousepad

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by lZKoce, Mar 31, 2013.

1. lZKoce

lZKoce

Thanks Received:
    Contents:

1. Intro
    2. Specs
    3. Package
    4. Closer Look
    5. Final

I. INTRO

Greetings broodlings! I recently purchased a new mouse mat. Abathur, intrigued by this artefact, was eager to share that evolution with the swarm! After a short discussion with Isha, the matter was settled- an amateur review, for the swarm! For we, are the Kings of Hardware!

The object of investigation: SteelSeries QcK Mini. We shall begin our journey with mission briefing. Kabooom, baby!, the [usually] borring stuff is coming- company info and packaging. Move along people, move along.

Company info:

SteelSeries is a Danish manufacturer of gaming peripherals and accessories, including headsets, keyboards, mice, gaming surfaces and software. The design is done in house and the production is most often outsourced to Taiwan. They have supported numerous
    E-sports events, teams, one-man army gamers, etc. Now, without further ado let’s dig into the product in hand.

QcK Mini is part of the QcK series : professional mouse pads, featuring different sizes, rubber base, the company’s signature surface and guaranteed glide.

Specifications

Technical Specifications

Non-slip rubber
    Small, tiny
    Cloth surface

Dimensions and Weight

• Height: 2 mm (0.08 in)
    • Width: 250 mm (9.8 in)
    • Length: 210 mm (8.3 in)

The package

This vessel shall prevail!

SideOne:

[​IMG]

SideTwo:

[​IMG]

SideThree:

[​IMG]

Show me the money [what's inside the box]

You get a logo-sticker and a leaflet, that's also "a certificate of authenticity"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Closer Look

We start with the top. It's plain black, no tapestry or pictures.

TopOne- no frayed edges. There is a potential for the fabric to separate from the rubber base with prologned use.:

[​IMG]

TopTwo:

[​IMG]

THE BASE

The base is a kind of rubber and "machined". It is also treated with a substance that the Razer Sphex has for anti-slippery qualities. It is very stable. You can feel the "stickiness" when removing it from the table.

[​IMG]

MOAR bone marrow!

[​IMG]

No fryed edges as I metnioned:

[​IMG]

It's like a track from Trackmania:

[​IMG]

CONCLUSION

1. Price 60kr. ~8 euros

As a lot of stuff, whether you will like this pad or not, depends on what you are looking for. At that price point you can also get CoolerMaster SpeedRX. It's the same size, and I am pretty sure, a close quality of the fabric and base. The CM, though is 5mm thick as opposed to the 2mm of QcK mini. Now that is a big deal in my book. If you prefer slimmer, put it between the screen and the keyboard type mouse mats, or if you have a less than 15.6" laptop The Mini looks more suitable to me. Since both mats don't have frayed edges, pops up another issue. When you place the wrist on the edge of the pad. The CM will be more spongy and keep your wrist higher than the Mini. However, I personally like my pad as flat as possible.

There are not that many mobile mainstream mouse mats out there- Razer Kabuto is for one, designed as such, but it is more expensive and with slightly different dimentions: 28x20cm.

Overall, I am happy with the purchase, not the best out there, but pretty good. I never mentioned the gliding surface, but I find it hard to compare and describe it accuarately. It works flawlessly. Much better than a very basic/cheap mouse mat. Much MUUCH better!!!

Will this mat help you not get your ass handed in SC:HOTS? - No!

Will it make your mouse's teflon feet, tweet and rejoice in delight? - Yes

Can you wipe the screen with it?- No

Will it run Crysis? - No

Does the sign "Pro gaming mousepad" on the packaging make you feel better? - Dunno

Voidray signing out.

P.S
    I discovered the resizing function later on the review. :)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2013