1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Mionix NAOS 8200 Gaming Mouse

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Frederik S, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Frederik S Staff

Thanks Received:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2013
    manofthem says thanks.
  2. Dj-ElectriC

Dj-ElectriC

Thanks Received:
    Using the 3200 at work, just becuase it is sooo comfy

3. Xero717

Thanks Received:
    I do the same, and honestly the optical sensor in the 3200 is great.

4. Rowsol

Rowsol

Thanks Received:
    I owned the 3200 for 14 months before the left click started double clicking on me.
    The front thumb button is impossible to reach so I wouldn't consider that excellent button layout.

5. manofthem

manofthem WCG-TPU Team All-Star!

Thanks Received:
    Very nice looking mouse and nice review!

Crunching for Team TPU 25 Million points folded for TPU
  6. Mike89

Thanks Received:
    The review says it's not for low sensitivity gamers. That leaves me out. 1200 DPI is about as high as I will go for desktop use and still way too fast in gaming for me. Would have been good for the review to expand on that more than it did as there are a lot of people who like low sensitivity when gaming. It seems some think a good mouse is one that a 1/8" flick will move the cursor across the screen. That's got nothing to do with it as far as I'm concerned. All mice have way more sensitivity than could ever be useful so I don't know why the manufacturers think it's still a selling point. In this case higher is definitely not better. What is the lowest sensitivity this mouse will go? Most will go down to 200 dpi (like the Roccat Pure I'm using). I thought this review was a bit on the lazy side.

7. Nibrok

Nibrok New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've owned this mouse for about 6 months now and have to say it's the best mouse I've ever owned. Also not sure what the problem is about the DPI, you can adjust it on the fly so if you want a lower setting for your desktop just set it. I would recommend this mouse in a heartbeat. It's better than any logitech or Razer mouse period...

8. Frederik S Staff

Thanks Received:
    It will go down to 200 DPI but much of the performance is lost when you go below ~4000 DPI because the sensor is not designed for it.

If you use a low sensitivity buy a low DPI mouse they are better in that DPI range as the sensor was made for it. The high end Avago laser sensors have a little positive acceleration and in some implementations jitter issues I believe. For everything else than super high sensitivity get a mouse with a Avago ADNS-3090 sensor and keep its DPI around 2000 DPI which it was designed for.