1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Mirror's edge

Discussion in 'Games' started by DanTheBanjoman, Jul 10, 2008.

1. johnnyfiive

johnnyfiive

Thanks Received:
    Anyone have any review information? Seems like everyone forgot about this game.

2. kysg New Member

Thanks Received:
    Pc release later in the year, 360 and ps3 versions should be out already, most reviews were positive, I watched a guy playing it, felt like tomb raider in 1st person with a cyberpunk feel, I don't mind the main character wouldn't call her lucy liu by any means.

and everything looked kinda shiny for some odd reason, maybe it was just me. and I also noticed combat wasn't exactly the easiest thing to do either, you can disarm an enemy but it seemed like combat wasn't really refined too well, I still say FEAR 1ups it for any type of Melee combat.

3. jimmyme New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ubisoft....:(

4. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    Xbox magazine gave it a 9.5/10 It's supposed to be impressive, but I think ther timing sucks as Gears and Left for dead also came out....

5. kysg New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hmmm gamespot gave both ps3 and xbox360 a 7 hmmm, well nothing else to say.

6. Ongaku New Member

Thanks Received:
    meh, I don't trust those gaming sites with their reviews...they said Fallout 3 was all great, somehow magically they got a copy that doesn't crash randomly I guess or their playing it on the console :shadedshu

and this game looks like it's for the console...doesn't look like it's gonna be fun to control it on a keyboard at all

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  7. lamil

lamil New Member

Thanks Received:
    rent it. from what i hear its not a huge replay game but its a fun game to play thru. but don't expect something completely awesome.

only thing is I went to blockbuster last week looking for gow2 and mirrors to rent and they lied about having gow2 in and none of the blockbusters were carrying mirrors apparently. I think they're just stupid though.

8. OnBoard

OnBoard New Member

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  9. DarkMatter New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hehe I entered this thread to post about that, but it seems you were a lot faster. XD

It does look fantastic for being the first one. I think that the 9800+ thing is BS, marketing BS. No way the 9800GTX+ can do it and the 9800GTX and below can't. The 8800GT should be able to do it easily just lowering the graphics a bit. Also 8800GS, 9600GT, etc...

10. OnBoard

OnBoard New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, will be interesting to see. But I think that text means with single card running graphics and PhysX 9800GTX or higher is recommended (to get that video smooth experience).

That will be the first real game we'll see what is required from PhysX card. Will 8400GT or 9400GT as a standalone work (is it fixed in the new drivers) and will there be more performance improvements for PhysX before or after the game release.

It all depends how taxing it is, I could run Warmonger with PhysX on a single 8800GT. Also are there any PhysX setting, or just on/off. Obviously it's not constant physics stuff like most games so far, just in some places. So weaker cards could be just fine but just dip framerate on heavy physics.

11. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    I'm playing this game right now and its really, really good, my favorite feature is that you can take the enemy's weapons and shoot them lol, its just so many good things about this game, the controls are very good

one of the best games this year