1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Mixing nVidia Cards (not an SLI related question)

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by goldfries, Nov 12, 2009.

1. goldfries

goldfries New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi, I hope you guys can help me out a little here.

I have a mixed arsenal of nVidia cards which I intend to use for folding@home.

I've no problem setting up multi-GPU folding but the purpose of this thread is to find out more about mixing of nVidia cards. :) I'm having a hard time finding people with similar experience, since most people would just run SLI, or if not, their folding setup run the same GC from the 1st to the last slot........ not possible in my case.

My current successful setup is using MSI P55-GD65 + GTX260+ + GT220.

Rig #2 is using Jetway X-Blue P45 with 9600GT. I placed the GT220 in there and it doesn't seem to detect.

Now I've read somewhere that there is a problem having nVidia Geforce 9xxx series to be on the same machine as the Geforce GTxxxx series. How true is that?

I'm giving myself a few tries on Rig #2 before I go try the GT220 on rig #3, which is an SLI board that currently has a GTS250 on it. :)

2. r9

r9

Thanks Received:
    GT 220 is so weak I think that there is danger that while folding it could invent new disease instead of curing one :D.

3. goldfries

goldfries New Member

Thanks Received:
    it still beats folding with ATI cards, which reminds me I haven't got the HD5770 to successfully fold despite giving the R700 argument.

btw, just tested the GT220 with my other SLI rig that already has GTS250....... didn't work. It worked like a charm on the P55 with GTX260+ but not with the rest. no idea why. :(