1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MKMods Tribute Build

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by cheesy999, Apr 18, 2011.

?

Who Should build the PC

1. Israar - Founder of this plan

18.0%
  2. NdMk2o1o - Geographically convenient

66.0%
  3. Note this is public - so we will know who voted for who - Please don't vote for this

28.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    I recommend using a keyboard with worn off keys- it's good practice...

I miss my space bar :(

Attached Files:

2. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    any news on this now it is the weekend?
  3. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    Ive cashed the cheque from HM revenue. I'll probably start working on my new build next week some time. if you still need a cooler, I will be able to send the OCZ vendetta 2 as soon as i get my new system up and running
    NdMk2o1o and scaminatrix say thanks.
  4. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    Bump!
    Any news NdMk?
    NdMk2o1o says thanks.
  5. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    Still waiting on motherboard and ODD, haven't updated the thread cause obv no one takes notice of my posts and doesn't know my mobo has bit the dust and my rig is incapacitated :cry:

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145462

I will try and post pic's on the Mrs laptop this week, would be nice to have the board here by then so I have everything before I start posting pics.

Anyways my mobo is being sent off to ebuyer for RMA, on a plus note I reckon I could get 150-160 for my i7 860 on the bay, and being as ebuyer don't stock my mobo I will be able to get another to the same value meaning i5 2500k and 1155 mobo upgrade for free :D

ninja edit: freedom I would love the HSF man and its a great contribution!!!
    scaminatrix says thanks.
  6. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    Aw man, I didn't notice your thread :( Pester HUSKIE, see when he's shipping the board. I think he's at work at the mo, if so he's home tomorrow morning.
  7. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    I dont wanna pester anyone :p he is shipping it this week.

And yea aswell as my board biting the dust and having to make do with posting on a laptop (ewwwwwwww) :mad: I have a stiff neck and feel like a fricken 60yr old, can barely move too, wouldn't mind but it's the 2nd time in 2 months that I am incapacitated, seriously, when it's at its worst I can't even get up out of bed :banghead::cry:
  8. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Confirming donation of vendetta2. will be sent out next week
    scaminatrix, NdMk2o1o and Israar say thanks.
  9. Israar

Israar

Thanks Received:
    I'm really looking forward to this but I might miss the big day, maybe! :(

I'm moving down to my partners this weekend, so I will be starting my new job monday coming and I'll also be sorting out a good few things concerning moving my things, I'll more than likely be offline for an unknown time :( -- We're working on looking at a house aswell as we've been offered a house though Laura will be the one doing the viewing :)

I'm really greatful for the handout Freedom aswell, as with everyone else, I'm still really overwhelmed with happiness on the fact that everyone is chipping in with whatever way they can and it's amazing!

If there's one thing I love about people in general, it's the fact that how well people work together when they have similar goals they share, once the ball gets rolling the motivation flows and they're like a steam train that won't be stopped! :toast:

I hope everyone is doing great and taking good care of themselves!

--Lee
    qubit says thanks.
  10. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Wait.. i didn't know MKMods passed away!! :(:cry:

Im glad to see everyone is working together for such a cause. :)
    scaminatrix, Israar, KieX and 3 others say thanks.
  11. wahdangun

wahdangun New Member

Thanks Received:
    wow, I didn't aware this, its so sad, its really remind me of my friend and my father, they both die because of cancer, damm this thread almost make me cry
    NdMk2o1o says thanks.
  12. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    Did you guys get a motherboard? I see my name still on the front page and will still ship if the other didn't pan out.

Yes, he was a cool presence in this community, it does suck. :( These guys are doing a righteous thing. :toast:
    Israar, CDdude55 and scaminatrix say thanks.
  13. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Sorry guys. possible delay on the cooler as i'm waitin for p8z68 boards to hit the market
    scaminatrix says thanks.
  14. Nick259

Nick259

Thanks Received:
    This is the first I have heard of the news about MKMods and I am deeply saddended by it. I didn't know him that well but I purchaced some things from him years ago and he was kind enough to ship them to the UK for me and we had a few pelasant conversations. He was even the first person I added as a friend on TPU. I wish I could help by donating something but finances do not allow it atm and I don't have any spare gear. I am thankful that I am part of such an amazing and generous community. The generosity of the TPU community never ceases to amaze me and I hope to still be posting here for many years to come! Long live TPU!
    Israar, KieX, NdMk2o1o and 1 other person say thanks.
  15. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    I know you guys want to see some pics, sorry this is all I can post atm as this is all I have, awaiting board, ODD and a cooler.

So TPU.org isn't working for me uploading keeps failing, these are hosted on Imageshack.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Israar, Bo$$, scaminatrix and 3 others say thanks.
  16. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    ill send out the ODD soon, i had exams last week and some this week so it's been a little hectic :(
    rest assured i will send it eventually
    Last edited: May 15, 2011
    NdMk2o1o, Israar and scaminatrix say thanks.
  17. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    That hard drive looks suspiciously like one i sold to scam
  18. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    Ah, but do you recognize the serial number? Or perhaps the paper label stuck to it? ;)
  19. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    Nope, that one was donated by KieX; the one you sold me's still here, awaiting a new life in a RAID array :p

Looks like a Maxtor logo on the HDD, ignore the HD103SJ label...
    KieX and qubit say thanks.
  20. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Sorry. used nothing but maxtor hard drives for very long time. i sold a samsung drive not a maxtor. i still have maxtor's littering random places on my floor like shrapnel.
  21. KieX

Thanks Received:
    It is a SATA Maxtor DM10 300GB. The Samsung HDD packaging is from a CPU Moonpig traded with me. Sorry for the confusion.
    scaminatrix says thanks.
  22. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    Urgent update

So guys, I have an update, I received the board from huskie this week and finally got time to throw everything in the case tonight and fire the rig up.

Bad news, I am getting no post, now here is the symptoms:

I think the board may not be working. It powers up and the GPU and CPU fans spin for about 10 secs, go off then come back on and stay on, however....

There is no post and no beeps.

The problem is I have tried 4 sticks of ram one at a time in different slots, tried 2 gpu's, tried no ram, no HDD nothing but the CPU, ATX 24pin and CPU 8 pin plugged in and can't get a post or any beeps whatsoever out of it. Also tried clearing CMOS to no avail.

Am stumped atm as I don't have another LGA 775 CPU and mobo to properly diagnose, though from the no beeps even with no RAM plugged in, when in this case it should beep (yes speaker was plugged in) it says to me it's the board.

So that is the current status and it's a shame right now as I have a nearly complete rig to finish this awesome gesture and do something really special with you guys on TPU.

I need an LGA 775 board, even if you can't donate it, I need one to properly troubleshoot this issue and make sure it is indeed the motherboard, if anyone from the UK has one they can donate or lend me for a week I would be really grateful.

Alternatively if you have any suggestions that I seem to have missed then please let me know though I think I have covered all the bases considering I don't have any spare parts to be 100%
  23. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    Could be a fuber power supply?
  24. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    The system is powering on as I mentioned and the CPU/GPU fans are running with no issues, if it can power those it is powering the mobo and having no beeps at all even with no RAM seems suspecvt to me, I will swap the PSU out tomorrow, though I don't think that is the cause tbh
  25. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    You have the standoffs in right?, also make sure all the heatsinks are attached well to the CPU, GPU etc.