1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MKV w/ Hardware acceleration in Windows 7 Media Center

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by ShRoOmAlIsTiC, Nov 6, 2009.

1. ShRoOmAlIsTiC

ShRoOmAlIsTiC

Thanks Received:
    Is there a guide out there that for making mkv's work with hardware acceleration in windows 7 media center? Ive tried everything i can find in google. I can get movies to play sometimes but never with dxva support.

2. FatForester New Member

Thanks Received:
    MKV is a container so as far as I know it depends on how the codecs are inside that determine hardware acceleration (if any). I know Mussels and Wile E are pretty knowledgeable on the subject so they'd be the guys to talk to.

Edit: I haven't had the time to try this out (I'm lucky enough if I can get around to just watching a movie in the first place), so I'm wondering what the verdict is with this as well.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
  3. dir_d

dir_d

Thanks Received:
    Mussels had a how to get DXVA to work in Vista..Honestly i dont use it i had problems with it and MKVs do to diff types of Rips ie (H.264 x264 MPEG4). I use Media Player 64bit, Haali Splitter 64 bit, the latest ffdshow 64bit build and AC3filter 64bit on my windows 7 machine.

4. ShRoOmAlIsTiC

ShRoOmAlIsTiC

Thanks Received:
    I myself use mpc-home cinema and it works fine for me. I built a htpc for my mother in law and would like for her to be able to use my blu-ray rips I made for em. Alot of people seem to like media center but Ive never really liked just for this reason. It would be handy for the family though cause I got them a MCE remote to use and its pretty worthless so far.