1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Mobo recommendation for AMD Phenom II X6 - Solid w/ OC potential?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by reverze, Jun 10, 2011.

1. reverze

Thanks Received:
  2. user21

user21 New Member

Thanks Received:
    the new Asus 990FX sabertooth has gr8 potential referenced with my p67 sabertooth(TUF series) thats the most solid motherboard and certified military class components, so go for that yet may be you can jump up to ASUS ROG series as well and gigabyte is considered as a valid option as well yet i would say ASUS sabertooth :D
  3. Horrux

Horrux

Thanks Received:
    I agree, it's the choice that makes sense, given that it keeps open an easy upgrade path to the new bulldozers when they come out.
  4. user21

user21 New Member

Thanks Received:
    yes you are quite right about that but iv came across a new segment AMD jumping to the new FM1 socket but thats gona take longer then expected
  5. Bucknuts77

Bucknuts77 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have the Sabertooth, and so far I think it’s a great MB. Haven’t OC'ed a Asus MB in years, and still had my 1090T at 4Ghz in a few minutes at 1.404.1.416v readings from cpu-z, my last MB needed around 1.5v, so I was amazed with the headroom I still have. I've thrown every test and benchmark I can think off, and passed with flying colors. So far only 2 problems I have found but nothing major. First the auto OC, only took me up to almost 3.8, but that’s really only for people that just want some extra speed, and don’t like to mess with bios much. My hard drives are slower than before when testing with HD Tune Pro, which that should be fixed with some updates, after all the these MB's have not been out for long. If you need a new MB, you may as well buy a 990 chipset, even if you’re not planning to buy AMD’s new CPU’s when they come out for a while, It’s one thing less you will have to buy.
  6. seronx

seronx

Thanks Received:
    AM3+/FM1 -> FMx

2012^

FM1 July @ Worst
    AM3+ September @ Worst

Computer Hardware, Motherboards, AMD Motherboards...

you have a choice of 3

Crosshair V Formula giving you the ability to use 528 Watts(12V) -> 528 Amps(1V)

MSI and Sabertooth gives off 336 Watts

V Formula should get you a much higher OC threshold over MSi and Asus Sabertooth

but if you can't pay the $239
    go for Sabertooth
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2011