1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Mobo Switch 680i LT to 680i Reinstall OS Necessary?

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by pepsi71ocean, Jun 4, 2008.

1. pepsi71ocean New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey all, i finally got my new mobo for my Upgrade for the computer.

Its a EVGA 680i A1 rev Mobo. I'm upgrading it from a EVGA 680i LT T1 rev of the board. The question is is it necessary to reinstall windows? Everything else is staying the same, Same Q6600, same graphics card and everything.

I don't think an OS reinstall is necessary since its going from the LT tot he Full version of the mobo, but i though i would post a topic about it to see what you all think.

Oh, i forgot to add that I'm doing several upgrades to the new mobo, mainly TIM replacement on the NB/SB and the Memorvcy chipsets. a few other things like pencil mod and what not.

SO what are your thoughts on this? I'm afraid that if i take it all apart and that it won't boot with he new mobo it will take a long time to reassemble and transfer the data and what not, it would just drive me nuts. Considering im already nuts over wanting this upgrade.

2. dark2099

dark2099

Thanks Received:
    I am no expert, but I think in reading another topic similar to this one most people said it probably wouldn't be necessary. I generally do I think just to be sure, but thats me.

3. pepsi71ocean New Member

Thanks Received:
    thanks dark2099, Any other suggestions?