1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

mobo temperature

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by behlat, Mar 14, 2013.

1. behlat New Member

Thanks Received:
    I just want to know if 42c is ok for the motherboard while gaming? because my previous rig runs a little cooler than my current rig...TNX

2. Jetster

Jetster

Thanks Received:
    Temp of what? CPU? Hard drive? Under load? But no 42c is not hot

CrackerJack says thanks.
  3. CrackerJack

CrackerJack

Thanks Received:
    Yes more info would be helpful. I'm assuming your talking about chipset temps. Either way, post a screenshot of temps. (Hwmonitor or Openhardwaremonitor)

behlat says thanks.
  4. PopcornMachine

PopcornMachine

Thanks Received:
    In general, 42c is not a problem for any of the motherboard sensors. Temps 70 or over would get me a little nervous.

But it would be nice to see them all to make sure. I use HWMONITOR, and sidebar gadget. With I can check current temps see what the highs were since boot.

behlat says thanks.
  5. Hood

Hood

Thanks Received:
    No Worries

My PCH stays between 43c and 47c, even at idle, so yeah, you're fine. BTW, I use HWiNFO64 to monitor temps and CPU, VGA & RAM load. It works great and shows all you're sensors and voltages (I run 6 of them in the system tray for easy monitoring).

behlat says thanks.
  6. behlat New Member

Thanks Received:
    I use HWMONITOR too, chipset temps shows idle at 34c and under load at 42c, its summer here so i'm expecting it'll get a little hotter than this. temperatures of cpu, gpu, & hdd were fine though. tnx for the help...:)

7. terrastrife New Member

Thanks Received:
    pfft. run HWiNFO so then you can put stuff in your RTSS (the OSD of Afterburner/Precision/RivaTuner), fully customisable :3

mines basic, i don't customise the font or anything, but you can pretty much do anything with HWiNFO and RTSS, change the fot, labels, position, listing order...

Attached Files:

• osd.jpg
      osd.jpg
      File size:
      16.8 KB
      Views: