1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Modern Warfare 2 shock: No servers or mods for PC version!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Nick89, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaedalusHelios

DaedalusHelios

Thanks Received:
    I take the political system seriously because I am involved in it. You are probably just a voter so you will see it in another light.

I don't, but I have heard of it. Its a bunch of city folk yappin bout politics. Them damn liberals read a bunch of books in stuff. I don't do well in cities. Do you Alex?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
    Nick89 says thanks.
  2. Binge

Binge Overclocking Surrealism

Thanks Received:
    Topic topic topic, please and thank you. :toast:

Nick89 says thanks.
  3. DaedalusHelios

DaedalusHelios

Thanks Received:
    Do you think we could reverse engineer the COD4 dedicated server files to make a hacked COD 6 Dedicated server option and just bypass the IW BS? :D Basically the same engine right? That makes it similar on the server side.....?

Nick89 says thanks.
  4. Binge

Thanks Received:
    Hehehe, now that's good thinking! Think ATI main card activating PhysX with modded drivers, but instead of evil nV taking away physX support... evil IW is taking away dedicated server support. HACK AWAY!!!

Nick89 says thanks.
  5. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Let's not get this political, there's enough failure in this thread already! Enough said. :D

And getting back on topic, the MW2 issue sucks, hacking into Activision was a stupid move, I signed the petition when it was about 2.3K, great, wonderful, amazing, is it gonna make a difference? No. Does this mean the game will suck? Hell no. But I will be watching after release, and when it's at a value I deem worth it, I'll pick it up. Having no dedicated servers is a crap mentality for a pc game as I agree with many, but at the same time, maybe steam will have the solution. I don't hate steam, it's treated me extremely well for years, never an issue with it, so more power to them and I'd rather have their VAC than PB any day. Evenbalance needs to learn a thing or two about making anti-cheat work against those that cheat without as much involvement from the host/dedicated owner imo. I don't miss that part of dedicated, as the less work I gotta do on RCon and the more I can do in the game is worth it. Matchmaking blows on the PC for sure, but as long as my clan-mates and I can find eachother, and the price is right when I buy, I'm good.

Nick89 says thanks.
  6. DaedalusHelios

DaedalusHelios

Thanks Received:
    Or if the engine is incredibly similar you could take the Multiplayer COD6 maps and make them into COD4 maps through a coded tool and make COD6 maps into a sort of expansion for COD4. We would have to port "guns and characters models" over to be authentic but its not like COD6 isn't a port already(xbox 360 port). Who knows... COD4 mod tools might work on COD6 files.

Just an idea.

Nick89 says thanks.
  7. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Ouch, the old ad hominem fallacy. Watch out folks, this guy is good.:rolleyes:

I am simply going to hold out for BF3, hopefully it won't be as disappointing as Operation Flashpoint. There are plenty of other games to enjoy in this genre without give a red cent to those kitten humping droolers at IW. Besides, no game could add up to all of the hype this one has been getting.

Nick89 says thanks.
  8. plaztikrhino New Member

Thanks Received:
    I lost faith in IW when I seen how some of the "new" maps were just reskinned maps from cod2. I have been playing COD since the beginning on a pc, but I believe this is the end of the road unless they fix this issue. If we wanted "match making" then we would all have consoles, not pc's.

Nick89 says thanks.
  9. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    We don't want that matching bs, match.com > IWnet.

Nick89 says thanks.
  10. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    How are you involved in it? ;)

Nick89 says thanks.
  11. DaedalusHelios

DaedalusHelios

Thanks Received:
    I have worked for a local republican representative for a while, and I usually help with DNC national elections. I only work with moderates and I am a registered independent(unaffiliated). That being said, I hate dirty politics. When people rise above the backstabbing and make an effort to change things for the better, they deserve to be supported. ;)

Do you think COD6 is still worth buying? I don't. :(

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
    Nick89 says thanks.
  12. Binge

Thanks Received:
    Saving my money for Crysis 2.

Nick89 says thanks.
  13. Marineborn

Marineborn New Member

Thanks Received:
    imo this is..just a horrible thing, they have gotten lazy and know people will buy there game, they could slap cod7 on a pacman game people would buy it and rave about how good it is, even if it was horrible they would say hey they made it that way, kinda like the halo series no matter how horrible it is always got good reviews just because of the name and cause the company would throw money at the reviewers. I will not buy this game and deture anyone from buying this game. this is a huge letdown.i hope they burn file bankruptcy which isnt gonna happen but i can dream, and i hope a real company that cares for its consumers pops up

Nick89 says thanks.
  14. Anath New Member

Thanks Received:
    Iv preordered borderlands, lfd2, and dragon age origins. I think I will be set for the cod release :)

Nick89 says thanks.
  15. shevanel

shevanel New Member

Thanks Received:
    i thought borderlands came out tuesday?

Nick89 says thanks.
  16. DaedalusHelios

DaedalusHelios

Thanks Received:
    I preordered L4D2 and I look forward to Crysis 2 cutting my i7 rig off at the kneecaps despite a gt300 or two at launch.

Nick89 says thanks.
  17. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    I see. In my case I'm a political science student. My focus mostly is local (Philippines) and regional (ASEAN), but sometimes international too especially when Asia is involved. I'm about to take up European politics as well, considering that the EU is the model the ASEAN wants to emulate.

And I don't like Republicans because they're the reason the USA occupied our country in the first place. We were already an independent country (heck we were about to formalize diplomatic relations with China and Japan at that time) but then the US "bought" us from Spain (after McKinley was re-elected...WHY DID HE HAVE TO WIN?!?!?; also in Congress, when the treaty of Paris was to be ratified, the Republicans obviously won).

And no, MW2 is definitely not worth buying, considering that it's already expensive ($60), but local prices, when converted is more expensive ($65), and with no proper MP support.

Nick89 says thanks.
  18. DaedalusHelios

DaedalusHelios

Thanks Received:
    Well the local republican I have worked for is anti-war. Both sides have decided to go to war from time to time due to the military industrial complex's influence.

Countries that have a weak military tend to get conquered by stronger countries during their imperialism phase. Without your country getting conquered it probably wouldn't be as industrialized as it is today. Its part of its developing character. If the USA never had a revolutionary or Civil War, it would have probably never become as strong as it is today. Conflict brings unity if you are lucky enough to survive it.

Nick89 says thanks.
  19. Anath New Member

Thanks Received:
    it did for consoles. It comes out next monday (26th) for pc.

Nick89 and shevanel say thanks.
  20. SirJangly

SirJangly New Member

Thanks Received:
    What part of PI? My family is mostly in Bohol, with some in Davao I believe.

Also, I would not buy this game for single player only. I played cod4 a lot on 360, so I will probably go that route, if any.

Nick89 says thanks.
  21. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    I'm sorry.

btw, the voter's view is the only one that's supposed to count. ;)
    And that discounts about 99% of all current politicians.

Back on topic: But as for the actual MW2 comments, I agree with you. I no longer see MW2 being worth buying. I'll wait till it's either on the discount rack, or I can buy it used.

Your engineering a dedicated server idea might work. As far as just porting the changes over to MW1, that would work for mp, but wouldn't bring over the new sp campaign, whatever that may hold in store.

Overall, this seems to me the beginning of the end of COD on pc. Now both COD devs suck ass for pc users.

Nick89 says thanks.
  22. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:

I have a feeling I'm paying your mortgage aren't I?

DaedalusHelios you need to relax man. First off if a man of ANY stature can't take a jab at his character then his character is weak. Obama is a grown man, I think he doesn't need you as a mother hen. The kinda attitude you have is a major problem in a America. Over sensitivity to crap that doesn't even matter while ignoring the real problems at hand. Like the lack of dedicated server support in MW2. :laugh:

Also if you "hate" dirty politics then why the jab at MT Alex? He just joked about a political radio station for G-d sake. Thats the first rule of dirty politics. Mudslinging. You better sit down and shut up before someone makes a real ass of you on here. I'm done with you. Heres a towel.

Nick89, MadClown and MT Alex say thanks.
  23. Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Thanks Received:
    Got a legit copy CoD4 mw.

i'll just t*rr3n7 this mw2 out. In yo face IW!

Nick89 says thanks.
  24. joinmeindeath417

joinmeindeath417 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Holy crap this went from a game to a political debate.

haha

Nick89 says thanks.
  25. twicksisted

twicksisted

Thanks Received:
    lol all we're missing out on here is religion, thatll get it going!!!!
    Aah yes and women! :D

Nick89 says thanks.