• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Monitor gets "No Signal"

ItsaMeeeeeMario

Hey guys, I’m having a problem with my new build. Here are my specs:

CPU: Intel E6750 2.66GHz
MB: XFX 680i LT SLI
GPU: XFX GeForce 9600 GT XXX
Memory: 2GB OCZ DDR2 800mhz
PSU: Apevia Iceberg 680W

I’ll try to be thorough.

I bought every part to this computer newly in an attempt to build it on my own. I’ve had a bit of successful PC building experience. After putting this one all together, I hooked it up to my working monitor from my old PC and flipped the power switch. It worked! The XFX logo appeared on screen and then it took me to the system specs. I turned off the comp to look for a keyboard to set it up. I turn the PC back on when I return with them and there's no signal to the monitor. I hadn't changed or touched a thing. Just turned it off, plugged in a USB keyboard, and turned it back on. (??)

It’s been a few days now and I've tried many, many things to get the signal to the monitor to return with no success. I've reset the BIOS many times, removed and replaced the battery, checked the grounding by rebuilding the PC out of the case on a cardboard box (several times), I've tried running it with just the GPU, CPU, and ram plugged in, reseated the CPU, reseated the everything else, made sure no loose wires were interfering, tried different memory sticks in different quantity and positions, tried working GPUs from other computers, tried the GPU in the other PCIe slot, tried to hook the monitor cable to both DVI slots, checked all the power cord cables, tried 4 different monitors (DVI and VGA), my 8 pin is in tightly enough (that's many people's problem it seems).

I feel I've done everything possible. Everything is apparently running successfully on the mobo. The green, blue, and orange LEDs are on, and all fans are spinning. I've spent many, many hours trying to get this up and running like it had done the very first time. I have no extra compatible MBs, PSUs, or CPUs to test around with. I've handled every piece with care and doubt I've personally shorted anything out or damaged anything, but who knows.

My biggest thought is that it has to be a problem with the motherboard. It might also be the power supply’s 8 pin (double 4 pin actually), or the CPU. Can’t be the GPU since none of the other working 3 I’ve tried has worked either.

To recap, everything appears to be running flawlessly until I plug any monitor in and see the "no signal" status. If I have to get something replaced, I could deal with that. But if you guys have a solution, that would be most awesome. And if I do get it replaced, any suggestions on another mobo under 200 bucks?

Thanks!

System Name Hogan's Crap
Processor Intel i3-2120 Crap!
Motherboard Dell POS Crap!
Cooling Stock Crap!
Memory 4 GB Kingston DDR3 10600 Crap!
Video Card(s) Stock Crap!
Storage 500 GB 5400 rpm Crap!
Software Windows 10 64bit
Did you try another monitor?

panchoman

Sold my stars!
Processor Amd Athlon X2 4600+ Windsor(90nm) EE(65W) @2.9-3.0 @1.45
Motherboard Biostar Tforce [Nvidia] 550
Cooling Thermaltake Blue Orb-- bunch of other fans here and there....
Memory 2 gigs (2x1gb) of patriot ddr2 800 @ 4-4-4-12-2t
Video Card(s) Sapphire X1950pro Pci-E x16 @stock@stock on stock
Storage Seagate 7200.11 250gb Drive, WD raptors (30/40) in Raid 0
Display(s) ANCIENT 15" sony lcd, bought it when it was like 500 bucks
Case Apevia X-plorer blue/black
Audio Device(s) Onboard- Why get an sound card when you can hum??
Power Supply Antec NeoHe 550-manufactured by seasonic -replacement to the discontinued smart power series
Software Windows XP pro SP2 -- vista is still crap
do you get the single beep while booting?

spearman914

System Name Mine | Dad + Mom
Processor E8500 E0 Wolfdale @ 4.6GHz 1.5V | E2180 M0 Allendale @ 3.0GHz 1.3V
Motherboard Asus Maximus Formula (X48) w/ Rampage BIOS | Asus P5Q Pro (P45)
Cooling Xigmatek Rifle HDT-S1283 w/ SFF21F Fan | Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro
Memory G.Skill Pi Black 2x2GB 1.02GHz CL5 | OCZ Reaper 2x2GB 1.05GHz CL5
Video Card(s) Sapphire 4870X2 2GB 820/1020MHz | Sapphire 4850 1GB 700/1100MHz
Storage WD VR 150GB 10K RPM + WD 500GB 7.2K RPM | WD 200GB 7.2K RPM
Display(s) Acer P243WAID 24" 1920x1200 LCD | Acer V193W 19" 1440x900 LCD
Case Cooler Master HAF 932 Full-Tower | Antec Twelve Hundred Mid-Tower
Audio Device(s) Fatal1ty Xtreme Gamer w/ Z-5500 5.1 | On-Board Audio w/ S-220 2.1
Power Supply PC Power and Cooling 750W Non-Modular | Corsair HX-520W Modular
Software Windows Vista Home Premium X64 | Windows Vista Home Premium X64
Benchmark Scores Not Wasting Time!
Was it 2 short beeps then 1 long beep or 1 short beep or 1 long beep? 2 shortbeeps and 1 long determines the motherboard is failing/dying. 1 long or 1 short has something to do with the PSU. Correct me if I'm wrong/

ItsaMeeeeeMario

I've tried 4 different working monitors.

My case came with a 4 pin speaker, but the mobo doesn't support it. The motherboard doesn't have any slot for an internal speaker and it doesn't have an onboard one so I don't get any beeps whatsoever. I've only got LEDs on the mobo it seems. I've read a few places that LEDs on the mobo are slowly replacing the beeps.

I guess I should also note that I have no onboard memory.

Thanks for the quick replies :)