1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Monitor goes to sleep mode just before welcome screen on Windows 7

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Q9650, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Q9650

Q9650

Thanks Received:
    I am having a new strange issue on my Windows 7 64-Bit desktop PC.

When I turn my PC on, it starts its boot process as usual, but just before the welcome screen appears the following happens....

> monitor goes to sleep (amber led) mode by itself for 2 seconds then it resumes power (blue led on) and windows is loaded fine

i reformatted the pc and issue still occurs. i tried to reinstall nvidia drivers also doing a clean install for the nvidia drivers but nothing. in safe mode there is no delay during the bootup, no monitor sleeping issues. i just wonder what is the culprit! i think it is a microsoft patch issue as this already happened to me in the past and was fixed in some way without messing around.
  2. lyndonguitar

lyndonguitar I play games

Thanks Received:
    try to revert to an older video driver, it happened to my friend and he downloaded old drivers it worked
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  3. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    so are you saying it used to not do it but does now? I wonder if the NV control panel is switching the mode of the monitor...
  4. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    1. make sure you are running in native display modes (hz and res)
    2. make sure monitor doesnt have some kind of eco mode enabled (via OSD menu)
    3. run a boot timer or plug it into a crt to see if the welcome screen is taking awhile or if the display is cutting out (driver reinitilization)