1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Monitor Help.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Horemheb, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Horemheb

Thanks Received:
    I have had great luck with help on these forums in the past with questions about hardware. I really want a 1440p monitor and I can not decide what to get. I play MMOs and Skyrim mainly with a Diablo here and there. I was really interested in the ROG Swift but I don't want spend that much.

What 27" monitors at or around 400$ to 600$ US would you recommend for the system with my specs.

All help is greatly appreciated.

Also the Korean monitors seem like a great deal but they scare me as far as support goes.

2. X71200

X71200

Thanks Received:
    xBruce88x says thanks.
  3. Horemheb

Thanks Received:
    That is one of the monitors I have been looking at. I have also been looking at this one.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FJCNWYA/?tag=tec06d-20

I know a lot of people have great luck with the Qnix monitors and the like but I have bad luck with things most of the time and I don't want to get caught up in something.

4. X71200

X71200

Thanks Received:
    I might or might not have seen that before. That panel is an H-IPS like the Dell Ultrasharp panels, meaning having a wide color gamut. However it likely won't overclock well. If you're looking to OC, or if you're looking for something with a better name, I'd opt for the Asus which is a PLS, so it'll likely overclock better. But then again overclocking a panel is always a risk.

Horemheb says thanks.
  5. Horemheb

Thanks Received:
    I will keep that in mind. Thank you for the responses. I am going to make a decision soon and I will update this thread when I do.

6. X71200

X71200

Thanks Received:
    I've seen a PB278Q in motion playing a video in a store, and it looked better while doing it than my old U2713H, which is an H-IPS. So I do believe PLS pulls moving frames better than H-IPS does.

However keep in mind that the Nixeus might have better color reproduction.

You're welcome.

7. Horemheb

Thanks Received:
    Okay. So I went with a Korean panel. I know I said I wasn't interested but after talking to my wife (she games just as much as I do) about the monitors she convinced me t try one. I bought a Qnix and I am very very happy with it. I have it oc'd to 105hz and it looks amazing. I can not believe the difference it makes in everything. It has no defects that I can see and just a minimal patch of lightbleed in the lower left corner. Its not enough to bother me at all. The panel shipped out Wednesday night from Seoul and reached my door in "the Stix" Virginia at Noon on Friday. I can't believe for 10$ shipping (which was refunded because of Amazon Prime) that it got here so fast and without a single problem. I am very happy so far that I took a chance on this thing. I don't know how things will go over time but for the wow factor and the price I am really happy.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CAKD6LI/?tag=tec06d-20

8. xBruce88x

xBruce88x

Thanks Received:
    that's a pretty good monitor for the price, i might just grab one later on. Looks like it even has decent speakers (for a monitor) and being able to overclock it is nice too. I do wish there was a warranty you could buy like newegg offers though. maybe i'm just not seeing it yet. congrats on the new monitor, i'll have to see how its working when it comes time for me to get one lol

More than 25k PPD