1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Monitor recommendations

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Yellow&Nerdy?, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Yellow&Nerdy?

Yellow&Nerdy?

Thanks Received:
    I'm going to pick up a monitor soon, but I'm kind of lost in the sea of different monitors. Do you guys have any suggestions? My criteria are: FullHD, VESA-compliance, HDMI-connection and LED-backlit. What are the most important aspects of a screen? Color-reproduction, ghosting, viewing angles and so on?
  2. LordJummy

LordJummy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Please research reviews. There are WAY too many monitors available for threads like this. Not to mention there are 10 million of these threads.

Newegg, Cnet, TPU, etc, reviews. Find one that has everything you want, a good review, and a price you can handle, and bingo!
    qubit says thanks.
  3. Derek12

Thanks Received:
    Many of these things depend of what the use of it (gaming, TV, movies, internet, office, etc).

Viewing angles.

Input lag (though almost they never say that).

Response time (5 ms or less).

Type of Panel (IPS (and any of their derivatives like S-IPS and so on) > VA > TN) (ordered from better to "less better", also the most expensive to cheapest)

Glossy or mate (almost all new ones are glossy but matte is better if you are in a very bright environment, glossy provides better contrast.
    Yellow&Nerdy? says thanks.