1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Monitor Sleep Mode after NB/CPU Fan Tweak

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by jed, Jan 4, 2013.

1. jed

jed

Thanks Received:
    Okay... I'm in a serious pickle here.

I just went into my BIOS and tweaked my NB to 2600 from 2300 to match the HT @ 2600... Also I changed my CPU Auto Fan to disabled so it would run at 100%. Upon saving, the PC auto rebooted as usual but this time my monitor is stuck in sleep mode. It's not even giving me a "NO SIGNAL" error.

I've force rebooted about 15 times to no avail. Let it sit off for 15 minutes, nothing. Let it sit on w/o monitor working for 20 mins and nothing. Changed from DVI to HDMI to no avail. There was one time I got it to turn on (after unplugging power and switching off power switch) but it was stuck on the GIGABYTE Splash screen where it shows the hotkeys. No keys responded.

I can hear the CPU fan that changed to running at 100%, all other fans running, but it still won't boot up. No typical Windows login sound either... Anyone have any ideas? I really wouldn't think a NB Tweak or CPU fan adjustment would cause it to freak out like this and especially not blow the CPU...... Really confused here.

Is a CMOS reboot in order here?

Anything to get this thing running again... Just started Arkham Asylum and GTA IV.
  2. OneMoar

OneMoar

Thanks Received:
    yep time for the clearmos jumper

nm was thinking of Phenom II
    leave the HT and NB speed at stock it won't help
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
    jed says thanks.
  3. jed

jed

Thanks Received:
    My RAM is 1333 and won't OC for crap unless I change the clock and use the auto OC thing. Do i just unplug power and remove the battery on MOBO for 10 mins?
  4. OneMoar

OneMoar

Thanks Received:
    there should be a 2 Pin header with a plastic jumperblock that says clr_cmos right above the front panel connector header on the edge of the board just short the pins with a screw driver or something if the block wasn't included
    else you can disconnect the battery an ac power and that should do it
    also did you try giving the ram some voltage 1.65 should be fine and enough to get you to the full 1600 @ 9 9 9 24 CL9
    jed says thanks.
  5. jed

jed

Thanks Received:
    I'll try that if I ever get this fixed. Just to be clear, all components can stay attached correct? The talk of jumping and whatnot gets me nervous. but all that needs to be done is unplug the power cord correct?
  6. OneMoar

OneMoar

Thanks Received:
    you can unplug the power cord
    jed says thanks.
  7. jed

jed

Thanks Received:
    You, sir, are the man. Problem is fixed. I am just resetting everything back to stock for now as I don't even need to boost my CPU for performance in games, the GPU takes care of it. "Case" closed. Thanks!