1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Monster Beats By Dre *torn apart!*

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Conti027, Dec 4, 2009.

1. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    yeah they are expensive, yet the sound quality they produce is not justify the cost. your buying headphones that say Dr. Dre on them
  2. imdiko24 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Or for starters, how did you manage to remove the ear cushions? I'm not sure if it was glued or if it's removable so I haven't tried anything yet
  3. Conti027

Conti027

Thanks Received:
    The ear cushions are just snapped on. Sometimes they have double sided tape as well. They are removable.
    I would make a video but no video camera. Sorry
    imdiko24 says thanks.
  4. Conti027

Conti027

Thanks Received:
    Yep. I have a pair of Denon AH-D2000 and I can't even tell you how much better they are.
  5. CrzRsn New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys! First time posting here!

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I thought it was better than starting a new one. I've had my Dr. Dre Studio Beats for almost 3 years now (I won them as a contest prize), and now the right side is starting to sound terrible. At moderate to high volume the low signals sound absolutely terrible and sometimes the sound even seems to flicker on and off. At first I thought it might have been a bad connection between the driver and the board, then I thought it could be a blown driver, or even both. I checked online, and people seemed to have similar problems, but were able to fix it. I have not however found a guide to take my headphones apart.

This thread is the closest thing I have found to an answer, but its not quite there. If anyone could help me out with my problem, and tell me how to take my speakers apart, and what to look for when fixing, I'd be much appreciative.

I know they're relatively mediocre headphones, but I don't have the opportunity to spend $300 (or even $50) on new headphones right now, so I'm really hoping to fix them.
  6. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    Your best bet would be to PM the OP and ask if he's got advice. He's been active in the forum the last couple of weeks so you could get an answer pretty fast.

Also, welcome to TPU!
  7. jillanne New Member

Thanks Received:
    OMG!So suprising!I'm a fresh,finding this forum so intersting!I will insist to care out!
  8. Rootner New Member

Thanks Received:
    screw driver

im not sure if this will help since its been so long since this was posted but i belve it to be a T1 torx bit. i just loked at the pair i have and thats what it looks like to me.
    yuriswarovski says thanks.
  9. yuriswarovski New Member

Thanks Received:
    my Beats Studio started to make problems after been 2 months using it. The problems are when I erect (normal headphone shape) it, there's no sound coming out.

But when I fold it, the sound comes out, but ONLY from the left side. The right side is problematic.

I've opened both of the ear-cup, and checked the board, but still, nothing's working. anybody can help?

Owh and i suspect the problem may come from the steel part near the hinge that has the word "Monster' and "Studio" written on it.

But to open that steel, Im gonna need another screwdriver which is unavailable at the moment.

And plus, the left side even can produce sound, WITHOUT the battery attached! That part kinda creeps me out.

A n y b o d y c a n h e l p?????
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2011