1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

More Duke Nukem Coming.

Discussion in 'Games' started by CDdude55, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    I see they would be doing a bit more than braking even with this.
    Releasing sequels would be a great idea for profit.

It could have been worse, they could have released a game which felt like it was lacking something then release the rest of it as DLC I feel game devs are starting to do.

2. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Whats the better option, to remake the game numerous times then just call it quits? They are making back what they can off a game a lot of people didn't believe in, sure they could have set the game at $100, but it would have just sold worse. Have you not seen the gameplay video from I believe 2001? This game is out despite the disbelief, if you think they are making money, I think you are crazy. Also DNF was awarded the Vaporware award 6 times, I do believe thats a record, also a lifetime vaporware award, and he is still here. Never has a game crawled as far out of the hole as that, and I'd like to think only Duke could have pulled it off.

crazyeyesreaper says thanks.
  3. pr0n Inspector

pr0n Inspector

Thanks Received:
    Take-Two paid good money to get the publishing rights. Gearbox bought the IP. Likely a bargain deal as 3DR has nothing to bargain with. A year later the game is out and all the ex-16-year-old-now-30-year-olds rushed out to grab their 3D tits. Guaranteed, even if it's a one-off, sales. Good for Take-Two.

DNF got the fame it has now only because of the delays and dramas.

And two weapons coupled with a hit-and-run health system is not my definition of ass-kicking.

Frick says thanks.