1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Morrowind

Discussion in 'Games' started by Solaris17, Sep 25, 2005.

1. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    i love this game as old as it is anyone else? i like having random questionairs when i read to much tech my head spins and i get all random inside. ;)

2. Halki New Member

Thanks Received:
    somewhere.. over the rainbow (Zilina, Slovakia)
    yeah, i like it too.. i tried to persuade some of my friends into trying it, but we lack a localization, and i've heard that there is more than 8 megs of plaintext conversations in the game... anyway, it IS running a little crappy sometimes...

...anyway it is a great game, finished it 2x until now, and those plugins...

nothing is better than an offline mmorpg simulator :D

3. 15th Warlock

15th Warlock

Thanks Received:
    Isn't that an oxymoron?

Anyway, I haven't finished it yet, as I'm currently busy playing Dungeon Siege 2, but I plan to install it again and beat it in time for Morrowind: Oblivion :rockout:

4. Solaris17

Thanks Received:
    Sweet!

5. zAAm

zAAm

Thanks Received:
    I don't like Morrowind at all. I find it really boring... :wtf:

6. Halki New Member

Thanks Received:
    well, after some time it gets a little... can't find a good word for this... maybe plain running around and killing everything in sight, but i like it :)

the guys at bethesda worked really hard on the island of vandenfell, and if anyone says he's been anywhere on the morrowind world, he's lying... and another group of folks are rebuilding the whole tamriel using the tes construction set.

anyway, i can't wait for oblivion to appear, and at that time perhaps i will have a machine to run it on :D anyone knows any specs?

off-topic: what does "carpe diem" mean?

7. bruins004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Morrowwind was an alright game.....for the first hour.
    It got to be soo boring.
    If you want a better game than Fable is much better and it is coming out soon for the PC.
    Just my 2 cents.

8. 15th Warlock

15th Warlock

Thanks Received:
    It is a phrase in latin, and in spanish means "apoderate del dia" which can be roughly translated to "seize the day", though it may have a differnte meaning in english...

System requirements for Oblvion hasn't been posted yet, but I think an x800 or 6800 video card should be good enough, though an X1800 would fare a lot better, as this game uses a lot of HDR...

I think I'll get the Xbox360 version if I can grab one before christmas...

9. Halki New Member

Thanks Received:
    thanks!

we uset that on ther christmas eve, another words for "dining a carp" :)
    or as the movie Out Cold says: cease the carp :)

back to the topic: what will be fable about (i haven't much time to surf the net and look for game previews), mainly the story, requirements and so on... if u have the time of course :)

10. zAAm

zAAm

Thanks Received:
    I'll ask my friend, the story is pretty vast but he already completed the game... It already came out here. weird? And requirements are minimal don't worry. You can still run the game smooth with nice visuals on most cards. IOW it'll run smooth on a 9550... ;)

11. bruins004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Fable: The lost chapters is now out for PC in the US. It is around $49.99 in stores. Here is a summary for the game taken from GameStop.com.

Fable is a ground-breaking role-playing adventure game from Peter Molyneux, in which your every action determines your skills, appearance, and reputation. Create your life story from childhood to death. Grow from an inexperienced adolescent into the most powerful being in the world. Choose the path of righteousness or dedicate your life to evil. Muscles expand with each feat of strength; force of will increases with each work of wit. Obesity follows gluttony, skin tans with exposure to sunlight and bleaches bone-white by moonlight. Earn scars in battle and lines of experience with age. Each person you aid, each flower you crush, each creature you slay, will change this world forever. Fable: Who will you be?

If you like role playing games then you def. love this one. It is a little short, but there are soo many missions and side missions to do you won't be dissappointed.

12. Halki New Member

Thanks Received:
    thanx, can't wait to get it... right now there is a shortage of really quality titles, i hope this one won't dissapoint me...

13. Silverstone New Member

Thanks Received:
    Fable: The Lost Chapters was excellent.

Sweet graphics, level design was good.....

14. zAAm

zAAm

Thanks Received:
    Only thing is the individual areas are quite small. So you only walk about 20 steps and you need to load the next area lol. But it seems like a nice game. Difficult to be evil if you don't have lots of money to pay for all your offenses. ;)

15. Silverstone New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yea, but gettin real evil makes your eyes GLOW red....So much so that it illuminates areas, lol.

Horns sprout out your head too.
    :D

16. Solaris17

Thanks Received:
    ^its cool too u start to raot dont u?

17. bruins004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Being evil isn't too hard.
    You just have to beat the hell outta everyone, plus it makes it easier in the temple.
    I gotta say though that the Temple of Skorn is mad hard to do... I haven't been able to do it yet.
    But it is really fun since you can do anything.
    Very good game and I hope they make another one.