1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Motherboard BIOS

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by ShadBee, Jun 15, 2006.

1. ShadBee New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello guys... First, sorry about my poor english.
    My HP motherboard (i945G Chipset) have the HP BIOS 786D1 v01.56. Is it possible to flash the BIOS into a Phoenix-AwardBIOS, becouse the HP bios have no overclocking functions.

2. Aevum

Thanks Received:
    im afraid not,

first of all, phoenix and award are different bios companies, theres AMI aswell,
    2nd of all, each motherboard model is different, uses different clock generators, different configurations, you cant just drop in a bios from a one board model on to another, even if they have the same chipset and basic features,

but what i would check is that alot of these manufacturers sometimes use normal commercialy available boards, ECS, Asus, MSI, gigabyte, you should use a program like lavasys everest, or sisoft sandra and find out if your board is a OEM job (then it will say HP...) or a commercial board from a manufacturer that just had its bios costumized to show the HP logos, if its a board that also has a commercial version, then you should compare a picture of the commercial product with your board to see that they match and then check if a bios update is available to provide more features,