1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Motherboard blew up, bye bye RAID 0 array?

Discussion in 'Storage' started by Thrackan, Jun 4, 2009.

1. phanbuey

phanbuey

Thanks Received:
    ive switched raid mobo's before... as long as it is the same controller, you're fine. Play around with disk 1 and disk 0 until you get it, it does no harm to get them wrong, it will jsut tell you that the array si corrupt, but all your data will be intact.

2. Static~Charge

Static~Charge

Thanks Received:
    If the new motherboard doesn't see your RAID setup, try swapping the SATA ports that the drives are plugged into (i.e., put 1 on 2 and 2 on 1). Since the drives are already configured as RAID 0, and the BIOS is set for RAID 0 on the JMicron chip, the motherboard should read the existing config info and recognize the RAID without any fuss.

If that still doesn't work, you might want to check out RAID Reconstructor.

3. Thrackan

Thrackan

Thanks Received:
    Ok, so I managed to rebuild my array by literally rebuilding it (plug in, enable RAID, boot from recovery disk and undelete the partitions :D) and somehow I ended up being stupid enough to put it on the Intel controller insteads...

Now I need to figure out how I can make my Windows install grab teh RAID driver for that controller because it BSOD's on me.

4. Static~Charge

Static~Charge

Thanks Received:
    Here's the trick for Windows XP:

• On another PC, go to Intel's web site and download the Matrix Storage Manager floppy configuration utility for your o.s.

• Unpack the ZIP and put the files on a diskette (XP will only check the installation disc or drive A: for drivers).

• Boot off your Windows installation CD.

• Press F6 to install a third-party driver. When prompted for the driver, pick the right southbridge chip for your motherboard.

• Tell the installer that you want to repair an existing Windows setup.
    The installer will run through the whole Windows installation process, incorporating the Intel RAID driver into your current setup. Because you picked the repair option, the installer will preserve your data and program settings. When it's done, you should be able to boot up from the RAID.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2009
  5. Thrackan

Thrackan

Thanks Received:
    Unfortunately, tried and failed. Currently posting from a very nLited install which I just used to backup everything I want backed up. Plus I made a setup disk with all the raid drivers and service packs in the meantime :D

Either way, moving hardware has failed and I'm going to kill the RAID config in a couple of minutes. Don't want to be doing this again anytime soon.

Thanks for the tips everyone.