1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Mouse right click is intermittent; what should I check?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by The Von Matrices, Jun 26, 2012.

1. The Von Matrices

The Von Matrices

Thanks Received:
    Hi everyone,

I've been having a problem with my Razer Copperhead mouse. Holding down the right mouse button no longer sends a constant hold-click to my PC; instead it repeats an endless cycle of click and release, like the "turbo" buttons on old console controllers. Still, the mouse makes only one audible click, initially, when holding down the button. This problem manifests itself in shooter games (where holding right click usually looks down the scope) as the gun constantly zooming in and out. This only occurs with the right mouse button, not the left. I'm right handed, so it's weird that the left mouse button gets more wear than the right but it still works fine.

I initially thought this was an issue with the mouse being dirty, so I disassembled the mouse and cleaned everything inside and out, and this didn't fix the issue. I would like suggestions on how I can fix the mouse or if replacing it is the only option.

Thanks in advance.

2. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    have you tried the mouse on another PC?

3. white phantom

white phantom New Member

Thanks Received:
    you should check the right mouse button...sounds duff or is it seated properly?

4. D007

D007

Thanks Received:
    lol.. The mouse...
    :slap:

5. The Von Matrices

The Von Matrices

Thanks Received:
    I finally fixed the issue. I contacted Razer support and they suggested that I reflash the firmware on the mouse (even if it is with the same version). I did that and now it works fine. I would have never expected this, but Razer support is great.