1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Mouse ScrollWheel died again. Any Recommendations for a Reliable Mouse?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Bjorn_Of_Iceland, Jan 12, 2014.

1. BiggieShady

BiggieShady

Thanks Received:
    Mouse tiers image again? The one that's based off of sensor quality and says nothing about durability? The mouse that OP has is failing and it is in good tier on this image, so I would take this image with a massive grain of salt.

2. uuuaaaaaa

Thanks Received:
    That chart is outdated, there is a more recent one!!

3. red_stapler

red_stapler

Thanks Received:
    Lots of folks don't like the twin eye sensor.

4. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    so do i. but i used one and the other pro balanced that cons.

the Naga original has the same sensor and is a total fail for me (i owned one for long enough to prefer the G600 to it hehehe )

everybody with a bit of logic will not trust that chart... most of my reference to it are just pure sarcasme... ahahaaahhh too much steelserie corsair and razer in that chart ... to be reliable ;)

it is based on sensor quality? that explain why the Mamba is on the bottom ... but the one in the top tier are the most durable mouse indeed ... one thing is more resilient than a G400/IE3.0/G500 is a cockroach (or a Indian if we take in account the opinion of someone that i don't remember the name)

tho i would not put the Sensei, Xai and G700 in the god tier (btw: THERE IS NO GOD! ;) )

Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
  5. Chetkigaming

Chetkigaming

Thanks Received:
    Clean it up!

6. Jetster

Jetster

Thanks Received:

Maybe but this is what i agree with. It's just my opinion. Don't take is too serious. Put up a chart of your own :)

7. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    I still have love for my Mx518.

GreiverBlade says thanks.
    10 Million points folded for TPU
  8. rtwjunkie

rtwjunkie

Thanks Received:
    Definitely the G400s. It is the direct successor of MX-518, but has better opticals. Everything else is exactly the same (because you can't improve on perfection).

9. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    Func MS-3 solid reliable comfortable and software does what its suppose to and is light weight.

10. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    G500, here, still going strong after close to 5 years. I can't see ever getting rid of it, too bad Logitech doesn't make keyboards like they do mice.

11. ruff0r

ruff0r

Thanks Received:
    G500 here too. 4 years and going. Also a note on the side German Logitech support is pretty good i dont know about the usa side but so far thumbs up.

12. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I had a Sensei and it developed the double-click issue within 3 months. The RAW might use different switches, but it's definitely held up! :)

13. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    i mainly suspected that ... on my 2 double click syndrome Sensei ... so the RAW is worth it ... good to know, thanks erocker!

14. Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Thanks Received:
    Thank you all for the honest replies,

I was going to get a G400 but then I had the G5 and the ergo seemed quite weird for my grip and given they have the same body with the G400, I went G500 instead :D

15. remixedcat

remixedcat

Thanks Received:
    I have a G700 and a G500 and both have been awesome. G700's got lots of buttons and is wired and wireless (wired mode charges with data over cable)

16. rtwjunkie

rtwjunkie

Thanks Received:
    I've got G500 on my main rig. It's a beauty! I can't say enough good about it. You should enjoy it.

17. Blue-Knight

Blue-Knight

Thanks Received:
    I have a scroll mouse from Genius. Cheap and durable.

And that's more than enough.

18. satsol

Thanks Received:
    I've used Logitech mice as far back as I can remember. I used the MX518 for about 6 years before upgrading to the G9, which I didn't like the feel of, so switched back to the 518for another two years before the buttons finally started failing due to use. I went with the G500 as of last year and it's amazing. Highly recommend.

19. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    My years-old logitech G5 is still doing great. It's stood up through my abuse, the kids and her dole it out now and it shows no signs of failing.

The replacement my UtechSmart US-D8200-GM has also been an amazing mouse! Feels well built and has been very durable thus far and handles better than the G5. And was much cheaper as well..I think I got this one for $35 shipped back in late summer '13. Fo far though the Utech has held up, no glitches or issues at all, and now Ubuntu 13.10 natively supports it without adding extra drivers. Easy to switch DPI, no need to install extra drivers if you don't need the extra stuff. I can highly recommend it as a solid value at this point.

:toast:

20. 4ghz

Thanks Received:
    Same, I have G5 for oh about 7 or 8 years and still working great. The 2142 Battlefield artwork on it is still visible, I figure the mouse averages about 100 miles per year of travel distance on the mouse pad.

I've gone through so many mouse pads I've lost track but the mouse is built like a tank but still very comfortable to use.

21. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    Yet another Logitech fan here... have had the G5 at work for 7 or so years, and the G500 at home for about the same. Never a problem except for wearing out the Teflon sliders but you can buy replacements.

22. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    The cheap and cheerful Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical has solid reliability and is very good to use, too.

I've got several of these and not one of these has developed a problem after years of use. Even the one at work which gets used intensively is showing no signs of stress.

And finally, they are pretty good for gaming, too.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...s=microsoft wheel mouse optical&tag=tec06d-20