1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MPAA Threatens to Cut Google from Internet

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by wahdangun, Feb 11, 2011.

1. wahdangun

wahdangun New Member

Thanks Received:
    lol, are they serious ? they want to take down google ? i hope google can ban all software/music/movies from any company associated with the MPAA being available on any google site including youtube, and advertisment.
  2. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    Just more butthurt record labels and such trying to piss on everyone. There's a number of cases floating around where they raped average joe for illegally downloading music... $1000 a song or some obnoxious shit. Now they're trying to take a bite of Google... I hope they get their ass royally kicked.
  3. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    Well it's about time they tried to anyway. The only difference between Google and Piratebay is that Piratebay only searches torrents, and google searches the whole web. It's crazy to think that they should only pursue one and not the other.

Though they will fail. Google will just bury them in paperwork until they run out of money.
  4. MRCL

MRCL

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

Is all I can and will say to this.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  5. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    hahah that will be the day google plays nice in my eyes id hate to see them get mad at someone.
  6. robal

robal

Thanks Received:
    They can boycott Large Hadron Collider too...
  7. unsmart

unsmart New Member

Thanks Received:
    I did notice afew weeks back that the word torrent was dropped from auto fill until its almost typed in, used to be right up front:laugh:. This wont do jack but push torrent further under ground with more invite only and streaming sites[like orb]. Cats out of the bag and had a whole litter, no going back without shutting down the internet or paying for data usage like the ISPs and MPAA want.
  8. dr emulator (madmax)

dr emulator (madmax)

Thanks Received:
    lol indead, close down google ey, now that would be a site to see, all i'll say is good luck
    tbh i think all that'll happen is google might get a fine

i've never been a torenter (to many axxhxxe lawyers in my country and busy body tracking websites for my liking) but i can see why it's happening average pc games seem to be available sometimes weeks after they are released, plus the obvious movies :rolleyes:

but we all know who's responsible for a part of it don't we china wink.gif

next it'll be the pron industry going after the free hosting websites, then what ? it'll be tears.gif before bedtime and alot of people just not bothering

not that i'm into pron or anything blush.gif whistles .gif
  9. Crazykenny

Crazykenny

Thanks Received:
    Ha! Proof it. :laugh:

It really funny to see these guys threatening Google. Google will assrape them so hard when they get annoying. Google can throw almost unlimited resources to the case if needed. Nobody takes on Google. :shadedshu
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  10. Reefer86

Reefer86

Thanks Received:
    jesus read the story before jumping with, YOU CANT TAKE DOWN GOOGLE shite,

google operates a free wifi service and people were using it to download torrents so google got warned about this and they would be liable as they operate the service.

THATS ALL! just read it, its a simple couple of letters that is just a standard procedure.......nothing more, its just the media making a story out of nothing, but i guess you already know that as your have read the above post correctly.

at the worst Google may be forced to add a BitTorrent-related filter to its hotspot service, thats all!

NO ONE IS TRYING TO TAKE DOWN GOOGLE! jesus sometimes people remind me that we evolved from apes.
  11. Crazykenny

Crazykenny

Thanks Received:
    Try again with less rage and caps if you want people to take you seriously.

Seriously, I doubt Google is gonna change anything seeing this is already going on for months. Like I said, if they take it to court the media company is gonna lose.
  12. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    more like weeks BEFORE release, actually.

games are often out and cracked on day 1, and movies are often online weeks and months before they hit cinemas here in Au.
  13. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Who writes this crap? They make it sound like there is one big plug somewhere on the internet with Google's name on it. :shadedshu
  14. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Nope. They're targetting Google employees using Google's wifi service. You obviously didn't read enough.

The first few paragraphs pertain to what you say, which was months ago. This new action is more recent.
  15. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    read up how the dmca process works

we do this all the time when someone thinks they can copy our reviews word for word + images without permission. send a dmca complaint to the provider of the website. they have to follow up with their client. if the infringing material is not removed most providers will simply block access to their client's site within typically 1-3 days until the issue is resolved.

what the mpaa is planning on doing is sending a dmca complaint to the upstream provider of the infringing ip, requesting that the material on the evil google network gets blocked
  16. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    yeah but since the data on the google network is torrents, its all gone by the time google is aware it was ever there.

its not like google is HOSTING any of this material, its just passing through their network.
  17. bear jesus

bear jesus New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have seen this article on so many tech sites and it still makes me laugh but only as to how the "story" is presented as the MPAA taking on Google when it's all just about letters that are sent out with what seams like no review or checks to I.P's .

wtf? so there is not a single giant router somewhere in America with Google's name on it that can just be unplugged and instantly kill all Google services planet wide? :roll::p
  18. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    DMCA takedown notices are weird though considering there's the latest torrentfreak article about "Hollywood's Enemy #1" only having one such notice since Dec. 2010 (and from a software company, not a member of the Big 12).
  19. wahdangun

wahdangun New Member

Thanks Received:
    isn't your beloved president obama have internet switch, and he can switch off internet lol.

maybe he have several switch like google name it in lol
  20. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    nah he has no massive switch. he just gets his minions to call every ISP and tell them to shut down their servers/routers.
    stevednmc says thanks.
  21. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    Excellent if that were the case. I would do a happy dance the day the RIAA and/or MPAA go bankrupt. They only exist to harrass anyone they think they can make a buck on.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  22. Bundy

Bundy

Thanks Received:
    :roll: If ya serious about movies, google isn't even where its at:laugh:

They want to chop down the street sign because criminals live there?

just the same, I'm glad my 'often accessed IP address' just moved to a safer location.
  23. hellrazor

hellrazor

Thanks Received:
    Maybe Google should take them out of it's results? I mean, seriously, who has more internet power here?
  24. a_ump

a_ump

Thanks Received:
    that's what i'm talking about lol i'm pretty sure google could cripple any website they wanted with all the links people find through them.
  25. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    Yes, but google isn't hosting anything copyrighted. The MPAA is trying to shut down google because random people on their network downloaded movies illegally. The MPAA doesn't understand the concept of private networks, and that multiple people can be using the same public IP at the same time. There is no content for the ISP to block or take down.
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD