1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSE Vs other antivirus / Malware programs .

Discussion in 'General Software' started by trickson, Dec 22, 2011.

1. trickson

trickson OH, I have such a headache

Thanks Received:
    I have noticed for the last year now that MSE ( Microsoft Security Essentials ) has updates every day . Some times I have seen 2 in one day . Now I was watching some threads here stating that some have been infected with viruses and malware . That Java was infected and the such . As I only use MSE and some here told me that was not enough so I listened and put in Malware bytes and AVG free . I ran all the scans and came up with nothing infected at all ( Full system scans on both ) . I think for me at least MSE is the best . I have no infections no addware or malware no viruses . I just want you to know my experience with MSE . As MSE updates every day ( some times 2 times a day ) I find that MSE is a great alternative to some of the resource hogs such as AVG and Malware bytes . Now I know what some will say that I could still be infected , Well if so I can not tell and nor can any thing I put in . So what do you think of MSE ?

2. white phantom

white phantom New Member

Thanks Received:
    personally i have tried mse and infact still have it in my netbook (rarely used) i just find it rather annoying that it gives big warnings just cause i aint scanned in a while or such, nothing bad against it i suppose on my main rig though i use avast and malwarebytes together, i have also noticed mentioning updates, sometimes i can get 3-maybe even 4 updates a day for avast free home edition and the sandbox mode is a good wee feature too...personal choice though i prefer avast :)

trickson says thanks.
  3. Delta6326

Delta6326

Thanks Received:
    I use MSE on all my comps it works just fine, I always tell people as long as you don't go to questionable websites your taking about 95% risk out.

trickson says thanks.