1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

msi 560se - is this particular model quiet?

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by kielbasa, Nov 25, 2012.

1. kielbasa New Member

Thanks Received:
    hello everyone here at this forum,

Maybe some of You possibly know if this Msi card is quiet and could tell few words about it? http://85.128.207.37/qoopImages/VGAMISNVD02093.jpg
    This card is right in my budget range, but I couldn't find any info about this particular model on the net, so here I'm.
    I also know that's a SE version ( I still prefer this to 550ti) but I'm buying it just to increase viewport performance in 3ds max, gaming in my case is only occasional.

By the way, have You any idea if ATI or Nvidia is better for this purpose?
    There is also 6870 which is said to be faster, but I can't find any info how this model, and generally AMD cards, perform in this field.

Thanks for any suggestions!
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  2. xxdozer322

xxdozer322

Thanks Received:
    my old 560ti was pretty quiet even through gaming, but mine was Asus and the card never hit anything over 65c and the fans never ran at 100%, i believe MSI is on par or even a bit better when it comes to gpus.
  3. kielbasa New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks xxdozer,

But You know how it is, small visual changes may mean totally different colling efficiency and performance among cards these days. I've seens many similiar ones, and they had totally different opinions, that's my I just want to be sure before I buy it ;)
    xxdozer322 says thanks.
  4. Aksh_47 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well id say a 7770 OC would make more sense, its on par when it comes to games, would cost somewhat less and will consume less power.
  5. kielbasa New Member

Thanks Received:
    Aksh, thanks.
    Yes, it would be better solution for games, but as I said, I rather do not play. I've chosen Nvidia so far only because more people claim that they use them on MAX, but hardly anyone can say how they directly compare to AMD.
    I'd prefer using 7770 for same reasons but still there's noone who could confirm that it works same or better for this purpose.
  6. kielbasa New Member

Thanks Received:
    how about this particular of Msi card guys? Anyone knows if it's quiet?
  7. Aksh_47 New Member

Thanks Received:
  8. kielbasa New Member

Thanks Received:
    hi again,

I'm coming back with some conclusions.
    Aksh, thanks for pointing out the 7770 - I've searched lots of forums for last couple of days in search of any info how it performs in 3ds max, and I found benchmarks and also people that have 7770 and 560. They stated that 7770 performs noticeably worse than 560 even 550ti.

Because my budget is what it is, I have a last question to You guys:
    If You were to choose between EVGA 550ti FPB version, and MSI 560se version I gave You, which one You think would be better, quieter here?
    Looking only at numbers 550ti fpb seems to have better frequencies, and rest is the same. Should I think that 550ti fpb would be faster in this case?

thanks!
  9. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    The 560SE is superior to the 550Ti, if it performs better in gaming it should be the same for your professional purpose. As far as that particular MSI model I cannot comment about noise.
  10. kielbasa New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks crap daddy.
    Anyone could tell few words in the aspect of noise then?