1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI Big Bang Z77 MPower Intel SKT 1155

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by cadaveca, Sep 9, 2012.

1. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Cool. Maybe I can get MSI to give ME some cards, and we can have a race.:rockout:

2. Sherlock New Member

Thanks Received:
    This board had many features(the horizontal usb3.0 header imo should be standard, the vertical 3.0 header is a big time cable management nightmare) that made me regret getting a P8Z77-V instead of waiting for this, until I read on overclock.net's user topic that it had OC problems with the Samsung Wonder Stick and my ASUS don't.

Gah must hold back the urge to sidegrade in the same year, if I am selling my board & CPU for something else it will have to be Haswell+Z87 next year.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  3. thebluebumblebee

thebluebumblebee

Thanks Received:
    So, Fry's has this on a BIG sale-$89 and there may even be a $30 MIR on top of that. This board seems to be aimed at the OC'ing crowd, but how will it perform as an "everyday driver"? The 9.6 rating puts it in some rarefied air around here.
    The opportunity to get this motherboard and a 3770K for $311 (maybe even $281) seems too good to pass up.
    Thoughts? I have a 2600K/P67, but I would like to have some of the features of Z68 and later motherboards like Lucid's Virtu, and Intel's Quick Sync.

Crunching for Team TPU 25 Million points folded for TPU
  4. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
    Question... So my bios got corrupted. I switched to the secondary (by using manual mb switch) bios and it fired right back up. My question is, what do I do with the first corrupted bios? Can I fix it?

5. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Check the utilities section, might be there.

SK-1 says thanks.