1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning Launched

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Aug 28, 2013.

1. ISI300

ISI300

Thanks Received:
    Sorry I meant the chips for individual power phases... not the controller. the FET/stuff combined chips looks to me very similar to the ones on reference 5870/4890/4870/2900 that's why I thought they are volterra, they maybe not.:toast:
  2. EarthDog

EarthDog

Thanks Received:
    No clue... I havent loooked up the PN to see honestly. But those are ooooooooooooold GPUs, so not sure if they still use that or not.

I believe it is IOR though.
  3. The Terrible Puddle

Thanks Received:
    Aesthetically a big fail.
    The Reactor and PWM LEDs light up blue and the light up multicolour Lightning text is soft. What should be red looks orange.
  4. Wastedslayer

Wastedslayer

Thanks Received:
    Personally I like everything about this card, even the aesthetics. Its for that reason I bought mine a few minutes ago and sprung for the overnight shipping. Now Its like waiting on santa tomorrow!

Rumor has it there is a fix coming to up the power draw from 109% max to 300% max. Then this beast will show why they over-engineered it so much.
  5. radrok

radrok

Thanks Received:
    Add some LN2 to the equation, or it will return a negative value ;)
  6. altechi New Member

Thanks Received:
    I just got the Classified, first time ever I got a computer part without consulting techpowerup reviews :ohwell:

Haven't overclocked it yet, but it's been excellent and quiet. Performance is great on my 27inch iMac (as a monitor).

Looking forward to the review by Wizz for both cards