• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI H67MA-E45 (B3) not booting up

Redi

I am taking a look at my in-laws computer that started working funny a few months ago.
At first every now and then it wouldn't start, it would load the bios screen but when it went to the windows screen it would stop sending the image to the screen and that was about it. We had to restart it and then load windows through safe mode, (It would display a message that the windows had to recover from something, cannot remember the actual message now.). And after restarting it from safe mode it would initiate fine, like nothing ever happened.

A few days ago their printer stopped working, so I uninstalled its drivers and re-installed it again, didn't work, so I tried restarting the computer, and happened the same thing mentioned above until the safe mode part. But this time it didn't restart on normal mode, even after restoring the system.

As it was too late, I left it as it was to keep working on it the next day. Now it started beeping 4 times, like: beep - beepbeep - "second or two pause" - beep (short and fast), nothing on the screen, not even bios or option to go in safe mode

So I removed the cmos battery and but it back again, then it stopped beeping, and wouldn't turn off. I pressed the on button for 5 seconds, it turns off, but starts back up right after. And it didn't beep anymore.

I unplugged everything, hd, usb, dvd, ram, audio. Nothing changed.

So I reset the cmos jumper, now it starts, for about 7 seconds beeps and shuts off, and restarts back again doing the same thing, over and over.

Computer is a I7
MOBO MSI H67MA-E45(B3)
12gb ram
No graphics card
This is the information I have for now, it's at least 3 or 4 years old, has been to service once, they think it was the PSU, but aren't sure.
I am going to try to swap the PSU now.

Thanks so much for any help!