• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI MS-7100 K8N Diamond/Platinum SLI & MS-7125 K8N Neo4 Platinum Bios and Tools

U

Unregistered

Ocz Ddr Booster

i have an ocz ddr booster and my cpu works good with defaut vcore
do you think i need to test a modded bios?
this modded bios improves performances on my sli platinum?

FiNaL_InSight

i have the ms-7100 version and when i overclock the video doesnt always startup...i know the system is posting, but i have to power off the comp a few times before it'll actually kick in. Its totally driving me insane, because i got 250FSB stable...but when i go to oc some more....it gets hard to tell if the system ISNT posting...or just doing the same thing as it usually does. Anyone know of a fix for this. Its stock bios by the way.

Tijgert

Xtreme Refugee
I flashed the 1.41B into my 7125 and all seemed fine.

The OC options now let me get quite a bit higher voltage than before.
With Vid at 1.425v I can select +20% which gives a whopping 1.79v in CoreCenter!
With 1.45v (which for some reason now is the Bios's max) it has 'only' 16.6% as max to add to about 1.66v).

With v1.1 the max was about 1.55v in CoreCenter (even though 1.55v was selected in the bios and 8.3% added as well... only 1.44v without the 8.3%). Weird... what to believe?

I did notice that my system also had problems starting up the video about half the time!
Normally a single beep, now one long beep followed by two short ones...
I have to reset a few times at worst to fix it... I just hope it keeps booting up normally in the end, without video it would be kinda hard to flash back to an original bios.

The funny thing is that I didn't OC anything.
The mem is set at 133 because I DO intend to OC using ClockGen, and the voltage is at 1.425+16.6%.
The FSB remains normal at 200 with a HT of 3.

After flashing I cleared the Cmos and the first message I got at first boot was a 'Cmos checksum error' and non recognition of my drives (the drive thing is the secure mode it said it was in I think).

So then I tried the v1.3 final bios.
I noticed with the v1.3 bios that on a 133MHz memory bus, CoreCenter only shows 129MHz even though the Post showed 134MHz and some timing bladiebla.
It lost 4MHz somewhere in windows. Is it a speed reporting bug in the bios and it is secretely at 133MHz anyway? I doubt 4MHz will show up in benchmarks of the memory).

I can't say for sure if v1.41 did that too.
I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary and I ClockGenned the hell out of it so I should've seen if anything strange was there.

Edit: With v1.3 t a multiplier of 9 the MEM would be at 129MHz, at 8.5 it would be at 131MHz and at 8 it's 133MHz. Don't know why, it's just the way it is.

At least v1.3 boots up the video 10 times out of 10...

p.s. Wouldn't it be nice to have some sort of changelog on those bios hacks? Im just flashing in the blind here but would really like to know what's new with v1.41 as opposed to 1.3.
Also, which bios is based on the latest official v1.2 bios from MSI?

EDIT:
Seems like I'm the only one here, I will just edit my post instead of adding new ones all the time.

Last edited:

Nexus

3.3 Final

Anyone tried that 3.3 Final for Diamond?

I've tried the 1.3 but my rig fails to reboot with that BIOS

Tijgert

Xtreme Refugee
Does ANYBODY have any clue what's with the modded 1.4 bios and the new beta 1.52?
(7125)

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
Tijgert said:
Does ANYBODY have any clue what's with the modded 1.4 bios and the new beta 1.52?
(7125)

Tij... try sending a PM to //mAr ... he is the author of the article .... here

Tijgert

Xtreme Refugee
My previous message was kinda on the lenghty side because I didn't get any response on my PM.
I ended up rambling on all by myself.

I think he just adds the bioses to the list and has little or no clue himself, but even for that I suppose we should be gratefull, without that I would never know of any bios updates.. until this:

http://www.lejabeach.com/MSIK8N/k8nneo4ultra/k8nneo4.html

aehmkei

Urlyin said:
Tij... try sending a PM to //mAr ... he is the author of the article .... here

I sent this bios to him.
There's nothing else modified but some hidden options are enabled.
That's all.

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
aehmkei said:
I sent this bios to him.
There's nothing else modified but some hidden options are enabled.
That's all.

Thanks aehmkei ...

Tijgert

Xtreme Refugee
Excellent, that's about an infinite amount more information than I could find anywhere :)

Any clue what's the hubbub about 1.52b?
Also no changelog or anything.

And am I missing something when I don't upgrade the bios to Venice supporting while.. running on a Venice?

F

feelx

Bios versions are confusing me

Hello Folks!

Thanks for this forum - i've found it by googeling a little bit :) I've got a MSI-7100 Board and flashed the v3.3 final Bios...
These version numbers (1.x, 3.x and 5.x) are confusing me... Can you please explain the differences to me? Thank you in advance...

BTW: Since I've flashed from 3.0 (initial)-> 3.3 final - windows XP takes a lot more time to shut down... Anyone has the same?

//mAr

Processor AMD Athlon64 X2 3800+
Motherboard DFI Lanparty nF4 SLI-DR Expert
Cooling watercooling
Memory 2x1024mb Mushkin Redlines XP4000
Video Card(s) PoV 7900GT
Storage 2x74GB Raptor; 2x160GB 7k250 Hitachi
Display(s) Viewsonic VX912
Case LianLi PC70
Audio Device(s) Creative X-FI XtremeMusic
Power Supply OCZ520W
Software Windows XP Pro SP2
1.XX = standart bios for Diamond, 3.XX standart bios for k8n sli (exact same boards, bios have various boot up screens)
5.XX overclocking bios!

U

Unregistered

Yeah, but 5.0 beta 8 is undervolting... the best bios so far is 5.0 beta 6... I don't know what they did with 508... sucks as if it was 1.xx or 3.xx... :(

cbila

5.0 Beta 8 has the same problem. Windows does not shut down or restart correctly with NVIDIA RAID 0. I think that is the problem with all bios versions with NVIDIA RAID v4.84. The best bios is 5.06 so far.

F

feelx

Thank you for your replies... In fact I'm experiencing same probs with (original) 3.3 and the new 3.4 BIOS - Raid 0 - Windows XP has some probs when shutting down. But in fact it DOES shutdown for me... but I have to wait about 60-90sec until it completely shut down.
The monitor-LED color goes into energy save mode - (green -> orange) but windows shuts down some minutes later. So it could be that the 5b7 and beta8 bios has the same issue.. It shuts down, but it takes some time... Dunno why?

U

Uglyvampy

hi all ..

MSI SLI Platinum + 3000+ Venice

earlier bios

- system will no boot or post with fsb above 240 ( it depend on rams maybe )
- my Raid 0 x4 HD setup cannot restart or shutdown.

5.06 bios

- can set fsb past 240
- able to shutdown or restart like normal

Currently experiencing system sudden off. Been ok all the while. And yes I do overclock. 3000+ @ 2.75ghz. Then I will have to get in bios do some tiny adjustment, save & reboot, and system will work fine for hours. Then, same thing will happen again .. lol

U

Unregistered

Bios Ver 3.5 for SLI Plat.

Fix problem
- The Cool'N'Quiet set disable or enable. The result is enable.
- System will be freeze or hang up when install Win xp
under RAID mode

U

Unregistered

Any performance bios was released after V5.08. I realy need that because need 3.1V mem.

U

Unregistered

Yeah, sucks that last good Vdimm & Vcore version is 5.06, and has issues with Venice cores.. :(

U

Unregistered

the latest 5.08beta isn't too good either, 5.06 still the best so far ....

U

Unregistered

Bios Versions.

Can someone please explain to me which BIOS version does what?

MSI 7100 (Diamond)

1.x ??
3.x ??
5.x ??

I don't know which to download! Where do these versions come from, are they from MSI, or are they used written?

This @#@$% motherboard is driving me nuts, sometimes it boots to windows where the little green line runs across the screen saying how far it has loaded, sometimes it just stays there and does nothing, just keeps running the little progress bar.

And if I change something in the BIOS, then Sometimes it boots - and then sometimes it doesn't. I don't understand what's going on.

I have a 3800+ and two 6800GT's in SLI. 4 Kingston 514 DDR433's.

What is the max that I can overclock these parts? And what voltage settings do I need to use?

I'm sorry if these questions sound a little stupid, kind of new to this whole overclocking and voltage thing. Also, how does the HT affect the performance of the machine?

Thank you kindly,
David.