• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI P55-CD53 BIOS Voltage problem

renegade44

Processor i3-530
Motherboard MSI P55-CD53
Cooling Thrtmalright TRU-120A
Memory 2X2GB Kingston HyperX DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) BFG Green 9800GT
Storage WD 1TB Blue Caviar
Software Vista HP
I just got a MSI P55-CD53 motherboard with an i3-530 and can't seem to get the voltage options to work. When I go to the bios page the options for voltage adjustments are greyed out. Have the latest bios installed.

Any ideas?

Cold Storm

Battosai
System Name Haro
Processor AMD 1700x
Motherboard AsRork x370 Taichi
Cooling EK Custom Loop - CPU only
Memory 32gb G-Skill Trident Z
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 Superclock 2
Storage Too Many
Display(s) Viewsonic VX2450WM-LED 24" & LG 32 IPS
Case Cooler Master Cosmos II
Power Supply Cooler Master V1000
Mouse SteelSeries Rival 500
Software Win10 Pro
Benchmark Scores i5 750 4.62ghz pi runs // Evga FTW p55
By any chance, is the oc Genie button pushed in? I've never used my oc genie button, but from what I can see, off the bat, is that it may lock down certain things in bios due to the board doing "everything" it self..

I'm not 100% on that factor, I'll search threw your manual some more, but that's what I can see just off glance..

BTW, welcome to TPU and if you can, please fill out your "system Specs" so we can help you in this thread, or in future threads.

:toast:

Just tried oc genie, for the first time. I'm right on.. if you have oc genie, there will not be any manual volt changing in "cell menu"

Reason for it, the board is trying to oc for you. so, if you try yourself, you may lower it, and cause the system to be unstable. the chip won't know what to do and thus oc chip, could go out on you, and even corrupt the bios chip itself.

So, if that little blue button is on, oc genie, turn it off, and have at it in bios.. I'm locked out using it, and stuck now, till a download finishes again, at 3.5.. using the volts I use at 4ghz.. lol.

Last edited:

renegade44

Processor i3-530
Motherboard MSI P55-CD53
Cooling Thrtmalright TRU-120A
Memory 2X2GB Kingston HyperX DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) BFG Green 9800GT
Storage WD 1TB Blue Caviar
Software Vista HP
Thnaks for the welcome. I usually hang out at overclockers but i have posted here before

Unfortunately in my case it makes no difference whether the OC genie is on or off. I'm using a i3-530 and just wonder if that may make a difference since the CD53 wasn't originally intended for the i3-530 and needs a bios update. It's definitely not my first day at the rodeo as far as OC'ing so I wouldn't have even had used the OC genie except that it seems to be the only option.

I am considering going from Bios 1.6 to 1.5 just for the fun of it in a day or two

System Specs are updated