1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI R7770 Power Edition or SAPPHIRE HD 7770 OC

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by tomi, Sep 12, 2012.

1. tomi

tomi New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys, should I pick NOW the MSI R7770 Power Edition Triple Overvoltage 1GD5 OC or wait to October and buy the SAPPHIRE HD 7770 GHz Edition OC?

The MSI has 1100MHz clock and 4500MHz effective memory and the SAPPHIRE has 1150MHz clock and 5000MHz effective memory.

The MSI seems to be overclock friendly, I mean, to put it in pair of the SAPPHIRE. Is it easy to overclock it with MSI Afterburner?

What should I do? Also, there is a chance that the shop here doesn't have stock in October of the SAPPHIRE and have to wait to November..

2. Capitan Harlock

Capitan Harlock

Thanks Received:
    if you go to see the last video on Linustechtips about gtx 660ti ,you can see how much better is overclock on a videocard with triple overvoltage , if the price of the msi is the same of the sapphire go for it ,if you wanna make crossfire if the budget is enough is not better go for a powerfull single card? only my curiosity xd

3. tomi

tomi New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have only the budget to buy a 7770 as max, so don't recommend another card please, just stick with my question :)

Is easy to overclock it with Afterburner? I mean, is just moving the sliders and we are ready? Or is it more complicated than that?

4. Capitan Harlock

Capitan Harlock

Thanks Received:
    i have asking so calm down please xd, the msi with triple overvoltage is better ,yes oc with afterburner is easy but how any overclock you have to find the stable frequency + adjust the voltage ,with the msi version you are secure to not burn your card with wrong voltages xd , take a look a this GTX 660 Ti Max Overclock Review - MSI Power Editio... ( its an example of the msi version with triple overvoltage )

5. GLD

GLD

Thanks Received:
  6. Capitan Harlock

Capitan Harlock

Thanks Received:
    this don'ts meat anything ,the msi model support triple overvoltage and with this feature you are able to overclock better without problems