1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI Readies H57M-ED65 Micro-ATX Motherboard

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Nov 19, 2009.

1. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Come Q1 2010, and Intel will be expanding its socket LGA-1156 platform with dual-core processors, and processors with on-die graphics. Along with these, Intel will be releasing the H57 Express chipset which supports the Flexible Display technology which handles the connectivity for the processors' on-die graphics. Motherboard vendors seem to be ready well ahead, and the second such company with a product on display is MSI, with its H57M-ED65. This motherboard is based on the micro-ATX form-factor, and builds on the chipset's features, while also appearing to be enthusiast-friendly.

The CPU is powered by a lavish 10-phase VRM with elaborate heatsinks over the DrMOS chips. It completely does away with PCI, and features only PCI-Express slots. There are are two PCI-Express x16 slots (electrical x16, x4), and two PCI-Expres x1 slots. Apart from the six SATA 3 Gb/s ports the chipset provides, an additional storage controller provides two more SATA 3 Gb/s ports, and an IDE connector. The board makes full use of the Flexible Display technology, providing DVI, D-Sub, HDMI, and DisplayPort as display connectivity options. A number of USB ports, PS/2, gigabit Ethernet, 8-channel audio with optical SPDIF, eSATA, and FireWire make for the rest of the rear-panel. Its enthusiast-friendliness is further vindicated by the presence of the OC Genie feature, on the fly base clock controls, and power/reset buttons onboard. Expect this to feature in the company's first wave of H57 motherboards.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Source: TechSweden.org
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2009
  2. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    Very nice looking HTPC board! Interesting that they didn't go ahead and throw in SATA and USB 3.
  3. xkche

xkche

Thanks Received:
    and what's the VGA? :wtf:
  4. aj28 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Like quite a few of MSI's newer products, this is a good-looking board. Pricing info would be great though, unless Intel has barred its release.
  5. AthlonX2

AthlonX2 HyperVtXâ„¢

Thanks Received:
    depends on what cpu you decide to use
  6. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Beautiful mATX board and very well laid out. What are these processors with on-die graphics they are talking about?
  7. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Core i3 and Core i5 "Clarkdale".
    erocker says thanks.
  8. zithe

zithe

Thanks Received:
    any i5 quad compatibility? If this were 80 or below, quite honestly I'd pick i5 over just getting a Q8400. I'd like something other than foxconn be available for 90 and under.
  9. TheLostSwede

TheLostSwede

Thanks Received:
    No quad cores with integrated graphics, at least not yet, as the graphics core is taking up to much space inside the CPU packaging, since it's still at 45nm rather than 32nm like the CPU part.
  10. wahdangun

wahdangun New Member

Thanks Received:
    so no lucid chip in there ? WTF MSI, i really want that chip, dam you NVDIA, and your stupid policy
  11. Soylent Joe

Soylent Joe New Member

Thanks Received:
    Love me some black PCB's.