1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI Stupid Motherboard

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by MaXiMuM GaMeR, Sep 7, 2013.

1. MaXiMuM GaMeR

Thanks Received:
    Hi all

I have a strange problem with the MSI MPower Z77 when overclocking .. My CPU is 3770K

I go to BIOS and do all the oc settings (4.6GHz @1.280V)
    the problem is when I enter my OS Which is windows 8 64bit I check on CPU-z and I find the stock CPU ratio and when I benchmark using Cbench for example I don't get and advantage of overclocking ........... The BIOS is updated to the latest version :banghead::banghead::banghead:
    :banghead:
    [​IMG]

2. dorsetknob

Thanks Received:
    It may sound Stupid
    BUT
    After you change your settings in BIOS "you ARE SAVING the changes" before exiting the bios

3. m6tzg6r New Member

Thanks Received:
    z77 mpower, well me and my friend both had issues with that board, i think they are all stuffed in the head. My new z77a-g45 gaming is perfect though.

4. Hood

Hood

Thanks Received:
    I've had the same problem on my Asus P8Z77-V after updating the BIOS. The cause is buggy BIOS files; reverting to an older BIOS fixed the problem, and subsequent BIOS updates had no problem. So if possible on your board, reload the older BIOS and see what happens.

cadaveca says thanks.
  5. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Good advice. ;)

6. da20valve

Thanks Received:
    Load optimized defaults for you MB and save
    Download Cpuz and Wprime and run (it should jump to 3.9Ghz) if it does go back into your bios and turn Adjust CPU RATIO from AUTO TO MANUAL, then go to the CPU features and set the multi to 42 (you won't need to touch voltage) this is just to see if it's stepping, hit F10, save and boot into Windows, run Cpuz and Wprime.