1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI x800XT doing some strange things

Discussion in 'ATITool' started by alberto, Nov 26, 2004.

1. alberto New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi to everybody from Spain :)

I installed Atitool some days ago just to see how my new card was working (500/500) and everything was fine.

But 2 days ago I clicked in the "LOAD" button when default was selected and now its making strange things. I dont think its broken, and I really hope someone of you can tell me how this problem can be fixed.

This image shows what it´s doing now.
    [​IMG]

Thanks to everybody,

Alberto
  2. zealot`grr New Member

Thanks Received:
    try to reinstall your drivers & atitool
  3. Alberto. New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks zealot,

I already tried it but it didnt work at all.

When I dont have any drivers installed I dont see any artifacts or anything wrong, its just when the installation finish (dont care if its catalyst, omega or dna drivers) when all the show begins :mad:

Its strange because I can play 100% fine Vampire:Bloodlines, and with only some artifacts Neverwinter Nights; but its imposible when I tried to play Doom3 or Half life 2.

Perhaps its the heat (my x800 reaches 80ºC when playing sometime & 40-45ºC when doing nothing)
    or some memory problem.

I already saw some people telling the same so it could be a x800 common problem.

If anyone can help thanks in advance.

Alberto
  4. Urlyin

Urlyin Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Alberto... are you overclocking the MOBO and memory?
  5. Alberto. New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well,

all I did was to increase the core from 500Mhz to 506Mhz (I was afraid to break the card or something LOL) and I tried to see how much I could get from the memory, but I didnt put it higher than 515 and then back to 500

I have just rechecked if the fan was working properly and everything is ok with it (it doesnt make any noise at all).
    I have closed the case too now, it was open to make it cooler but it didnt work, now the overdrive from the ATI control center tells me it´s at about 42-44ºC

I dont have any more ideas :(
    Btw the card was working great for 1 or 2 weeks so I dont think it´s a hardware error.

Thanks Urlyin