1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI Z77 Series Mainboards Lead the Global March Towards 7 GHz

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Apr 29, 2012.

1. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The Z77 series mainboard released by MSI is equipped with Military Class III components, and has met 7 rigorous testing standards conforming to MIL-STD-810G via third-party laboratories, certifying it for the best quality and highest stability! Equipped with a Hybrid Digital Power design, it allows voltage options to be more precisely adjusted, providing a more stable power source that can achieve a higher overclocking result.

Equipped with Intel's 3rd Gen Core processor, its overclocking potential is astounding: using the Z77A-GD65 mainboard, the i7-3770K processor can successfully be overclocked from the default speed of 3.5GHz up to 7GHz, with a 200% overclocking margin! In addition, MSI's Z77 series mainboard exclusively integrates the UEFI BIOS and Windows application into one unified interface: Click BIOS II. MSI Z77 series mainboard leads global users towards an all-new overclocking realm with unlimited possibilities.

[​IMG]

Military Class III components and Hybrid Digital Power anchor the most stable overclocking platform
    MSI's Z77 series mainboard uses Military Class III components, which have passed 7 rigorous tests meeting MIL-STD-810G standards as tested by third party laboratories. Military Class III features DrMOS II and Double Thermal Protection, which provides active protection from component damage under extreme conditions. Two levels of thermal prevention are present: when the temperature reaches approximately 115℃, a LED indicator on the mainboard will light up as a reminder to monitor the MOSFET's cooling status, and when the working temperature reaches 130℃, the mainboard will automatically shut down to prevent damage from excessive thermal conditions. Along with Hi-c CAP, SFC and Solid CAP components, MSI's Z77 boards allow users to enjoy the best quality. The Z77 series mainboard also features a Hybrid Digital Power design that, when compared to traditional power modules, can adjust overclocking-related power supply options with more precision, providing a more stable power source to achieve a higher overclocking result.

Click BIOS II provides a friendlier overclocking experience.
    Click BIOS II is the world's first utility tool that integrates UEFI BIOS and Windows application into a common interface, allowing usage of mice or LCD touch panel control for system adjustment under different environments. It is the industry's most convenient system control experience. Click BIOS II is also the world's first BIOS featuring overclock setting export via USB flash drives, allowing overclocking enthusiasts to share profiles with other users or upload them onto the internet. The detailed graphical interface helps users easily understand and monitor overall system conditions, making the overclocking experience more efficient and intuitive.

OC Genie II: The easiest overclocking tool on the market with support for the next generation PCI Express Gen 3 specification
    MSI's exclusive OC Genie II technology only requires 1 second to produce an amazing jump in performance. With the push of a button, it simultaneously increases the CPU, iGPU and memory performance. MSI's Z77 series mainboard also features support for the newest PCE Express Gen 3 specification, and is able to provide a staggering 32GB/s bandwidth that is double the previous generation, achieving a better user usage experience.

Find the validation here. For more information, visit this page.

baggpipes says thanks.
  2. Dj-ElectriC

Dj-ElectriC

Thanks Received:
    MSI's motherboards become better and better each gen. Im happy for "their" achievement.

3. mum1989

mum1989 New Member

Thanks Received:
    7GHZ with aircooling good .... :rolleyes: :shadedshu

4. No_Asylum New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hmmm ... yes, lets combine a CPU that gets hotter than hell when overclocked with a motherboard that has a well known tendency to burst into flames while overclocking.

I see absolutely nothing wrong there.

MSI, stick with making VGA cards, and leave the motherboards to the professionals.

5. No_Asylum New Member

Thanks Received:
    NOT happening. 7ghz is with liquid C02 or Nitrogen The fan needed to keep temps from melting the CPU at 7ghz would spin itself off of its mount. It would spin too fast for its own bearings.

6. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    uhh yeah maybe their boards a long time ago. My neighbor has been clocking his 2600k on his P67 GD65 just fine. Its the idiots that don't know what they are doing that cause boards to die and all that. And MSI boards aren't the only one.

7. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    they probably picked the 7 cheapest and easiest

8. sanadanosa

sanadanosa

Thanks Received:
    higher is hotter :laugh:

9. OneCool

OneCool

Thanks Received:

Damn salt Fog will get you every time :nutkick: LMAO :roll:

10. baggpipes

baggpipes New Member

Thanks Received:
    I love my MSI board!! That OC genie really is awesome...

11. Aquinus

Aquinus Resident Wat-man

Thanks Received:
    Pretty flexible BCLK for a 1155 motherboard.

12. rangerone766

rangerone766

Thanks Received:
    hoohum...

i dont like my msi z68 gd65, i don't see myself buying msi again. asus or gigabyte for now on.

13. baggpipes

baggpipes New Member

Thanks Received:
    y u no like the MSI just curious?

Side note.... i wonder if you can EMP proof a desktop or laptop via a case....

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  14. ZoneDymo

ZoneDymo

Thanks Received:
    P35 user here, I like it :p

15. Faster4Run New Member

Thanks Received:
    Anyone did run OC verification with all-in-one-Water cooling (RTS2011LC, H60,H80) ?

Since we have been already known that the Intel 22nm Tri-gate Transistors technology (Ivy Bridge - ex. 3770K ) has the limitation for OC overheating , I am afraid of an OC barrier that it is not so easy to run OC configurations beyond 5GHz clock than case of Sandy_Bridge. There are so many OC result for 3770K Processor on Air-cooling ( and/or LN cooling ), BUT no news has come about how is the faster RUN on OC verification with all-in-one-Water cooling.
    Therefore, if someone could run OC verifications beyond the barrier for 5GHz of 3770K OC with the OC verification with any all-in-one-Water cooling, Please let me (remain of us) know.
    :respect:

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  16. Cratzky New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hmm, mind sharing why u dont like it? :twitch:

17. evulmunk33

evulmunk33 BitFenix Rep

Thanks Received:
    3.5 to 7g is a 100% overclock, not 200%...
    cmon msi marketing, you can do better than THAT... :p

18. Assimilator

Assimilator

Thanks Received:
    (a) Engineering Sample (b) only 1 core active (c) epic fail. No-one gives a shit about achievements using cherry-picked components, MSI.