1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Multi Bootloaders

Discussion in 'Linux / BSD / Mac OS X' started by MN12BIRD, Jun 12, 2009.

1. MN12BIRD

MN12BIRD

Thanks Received:
    Okay so here is the deal I was running XP and Ubuntu UE 2.1 on my hard drive.

Originally I installed XP first and then Ubuntu so I had the GRUB bootloader with options for XP or Ubuntu on bootup.

I just installed Windows 7 on what was my XP partition and now of course GRUB is gone.

I'm a total newb when it comes to bootloaders, multi booting and all this stuff.

I'm hoping there is a program like GRUB this is stupid easy to use (like perhaps run from Windows) that can fix me back up again. My Linux OS and swap partitions are still in tact and I would like to use them again!

Thanks in advance for any help. I'm hoping there is an easy fix without having to reinstall Ubuntu again.

2. Fitseries3

Fitseries3 Eleet Hardware Junkie

Thanks Received:
    you need to reconfigure grub. there are several guides around the net that can help you with that.

if it were windows and windows you just put in the dvd of the newest OS then do startup repair.

3. vbx New Member

Thanks Received:
    http://wubi-installer.org/

Remove the ubuntu partition and install wubi via win7 desktop.

This will create a multi-boot loader.

I'm currently running xp, win7 and ubuntu on my laptop. All shows up under 1 boot loading screen.

4. Polaris573

Polaris573 Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Fedora has a repair option on their installation disc. Surely Ubuntu has it too. It should re-install grub.

5. xfire

xfire New Member

Thanks Received: