1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Multiple mice drivers?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by paulm, Feb 4, 2009.

1. paulm

paulm New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey!

I just bought three mice: Logitech G5, Logitech G9, and Razer Lachesis...

I don't plan on keeping all three, but I wanted to try which one I liked the most.

So far I have two setpoint versions installed...

Would it be alright to install razer drivers for the lachesis as well, or will it be problematic with multiple drivers running simultaneously...?

2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    There shouldn't be a problem. Razer does use a separate application for certain settings on the mouse, though it's not really needed. The installed drivers will basically just sit there untill the corresponding device is plugged in anyways.

3. paulm

paulm New Member

Thanks Received:
    Great, thanks!

Liking the G9 and the Lachesis so far, can't really decide what I like more...

I'll have to say though, whoever reviewed the lachesis on TPU is slightly crazy... The Lachesis software is complete trash compared to Logitech Setpoint 5... Very akward...

Is there any way to make the lachesis profiles be usable for more than one application (like with the G9/G5, you can create profiles for every application... With the lachesis, I can only see that one application/profile is allowed?

Thanks.

4. lemonadesoda

lemonadesoda

Thanks Received:
    I agree, I dont like the Razor software. In fact, I use standard Windows mouse drivers for your razors. So what about the "poll rate hack" that Razor uses. Makes no difference in practice. It's all marketing spin.

In fact, while I like the Razors I find those side buttons annoying. Inaccessible if you WANT to program them (and what an effort, and keyboard shortcuts are still faster), BUT, how many times have I inadvertantly put pressure on a side button, scored a click, and then the mouse goes haywire with different sensitivity settings. Hate it. A Razor with only TWO buttons and scroll wheel would be brilliant.

5. paulm

paulm New Member

Thanks Received:
    And a DPI status bar :shadedshu