1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Multiple movies on DVD

Discussion in 'General Software' started by GoFigureItOut, Jan 27, 2013.

1. GoFigureItOut

Thanks Received:
    A couple of a months ago, I purchased a DVD called "horrorfest 8 Films to die for" from Wal-mart. It has four movies each on one DVD. I was wondering what software is used to do such thing. I'd like to give it a try. Like, putting all my Resident Evil movies on one DVD. I'm so confused since single compressed movies are normally 4.7GB in size.

2. Jetster

Jetster

Thanks Received:
    Most movies are between 2 to 3 Gb. The rest are the extras, previews, menus. Then you can make them smaller by changing the bit rate, taking out audio, laguange CC and so on.

There are program like DVDshrink, Nero recode that will do this for you. there are prabably newer program its been awhile for me.

Why put 4 movies on one disk when you can put 400 on one drive?

3. Dent1

Thanks Received:
    Commercial DVD Discs use dual layer which is about 8.5GB.

4. stinger608

stinger608 Dedicated TPU Cruncher & Folder

Thanks Received:
    Also you can convert the movies to AVI which is much smaller. Usually an AVI video is around 700 mega bytes vs 4 gigs in DVD format.

There are a ton of free programs for converting DVD format to AVI

And, most of the modern players will play AVI videos as well.

Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  5. GoFigureItOut

Thanks Received:

I'm old-fashion, I guess. I like viewing movies on my TV with a DVD player instead of using my nosy PC. I used DVDShrink and handbrake to make the movies smaller, but the newer version of handbrake does not allow me to set a specified size. Auto GK allows it, but there's always voice syncing issues.

6. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    Something like ConvertX to DVD will allow you to multiple movies on one disc, while giving you a selection screen.

7. GoFigureItOut

Thanks Received:
    Sweet! I'll give it a shot! I used it for single movies. Not sure it never crossed my mind to use it for multiple movies and or a series.

8. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    Nero Vision can put multiple movies on a single disk. Pretty much any program that allows you to author a DVD title menu can. Of course, the disk being able to hold many titles is a completely separate matter.

Crunching for Team TPU
  9. Dent1

Thanks Received:
    You can buy a Media Player device. It as a built in HDD and connects directly to the TV, so you can store your movies on the HDD and playback in comfort on the sofa. Most modern ones have a built in web browser, maintains and updates the library when new movies are added to your desktop or even stream directly from your computer to your TV via wireless.

GoFigureItOut says thanks.
  10. Mindweaver

Mindweaver Moderato®™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    You can use DVDShrink to re-author moves as well. It will convert a 8.5gb move to a 4.7gb movie.

Crunching for Team TPU