1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Mushkin Chronos 240 GB

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by W1zzard, Jan 17, 2013.

1. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2013
    Ikaruga says thanks.
  2. Major_A

Major_A

Thanks Received:
    I just wanted to stop in and say that you guys do the best reviews of SSDs. You mix real world testing with generic benchmarks. Then the option to compare the drive inside the article is awesome. Keep up the excellent work.

On the topic of Mushkin, I always assumed they were a Japanese company. So I learned something new today.
    W1zzard says thanks.
  3. Ikaruga

Ikaruga

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the great review!

Great value when you need something "cheap" while building silent HTPCs, where speed is not that much of a concern.
  4. Prima.Vera

Prima.Vera

Thanks Received:
    Do you think I can use this on a laptop with SATA 1.5 ?
  5. Jstn7477

Jstn7477

Thanks Received:
    Shouldn't be an issue if you don't run into any controller incompatibilities. It won't support AHCI though, so that may put some more wear and tear on the SSD if you can't enable TRIM support.

I have one of these, and besides it erasing itself 3 weeks after I got it when I moved the guts of my PC into another case, it has worked fine. I was surprised to see only 4 flash channels populated, but it still works fine (but slower than my Corsair Force 3 120GB). I'm surprised that the 480GB version has the typical half IOPS like other vendors but probably has the same chips over 8 channels? Is the "half IOPS" on >256GB SSDs a controller limitation?
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD