1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MW3 looks dated vs BlackOps O_o

Discussion in 'Games' started by Live OR Die, Nov 8, 2011.

1. DonInKansas

DonInKansas

Thanks Received:
    Awww isn't that cute; CoD fans thought they were going to get an improved game and not just a few toys and new maps.

digibucc and Captain.Abrecan say thanks.
  2. Live OR Die

Live OR Die

Thanks Received:
    I am a cod fan and i can say Black Ops Treyarch put thought into they improved a old engine and made it look good for its time, and i was happy paying for it because it was a load better than MW2, Now IW and this crap peace of fart art falls behind MW2 and is about 6 year ago in graphics farcry was better looking.

3. purecain

purecain

Thanks Received:
    i cant believe after making all that money they didnt even draw higher rez textures...

everything looks painted on.... not good...

4. Live OR Die

Live OR Die

Thanks Received:
  5. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
    HalfAHertz says thanks.
  6. Live OR Die

Live OR Die

Thanks Received:
    Well steam just updated the game now it looks at less on par with blackops also added more settings in to the game.

7. Captain.Abrecan

Captain.Abrecan New Member

Thanks Received:
  8. Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Thanks Received:
    They should sell this with the same price as their expansion packs.. because it really looks just like it.. an expansion pack designed to milk the cow

MxPhenom 216 says thanks.
  9. Abe504

Abe504 New Member

Thanks Received:
    effort< money

that's just pathetic, millions upon millions of bucks and still recycling from a game that came out in 2007. Even the people who want the game deserve better than that.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  10. RuskiSnajper

RuskiSnajper

Thanks Received:
    MW is not a fun formula , it's an annoying formula but all the kids fanboyism keeps them playing the nerveracking games i have no time in life for. I look forward to games like Anno 2070 and also Rage is a bit less annoying than modern warfail.

BF3's annoyance is the bugs , lag and out of sync destruction, just look when an Jet crashes, it looks horrible, the model kind of flaps in no-physics and explosion kind of appear a second later when the plane already died coupled with rouberbanding when crashing with other object, RPG missiles go through concrete walls, very buggy destruction of fences and other material, as well as trees, just try knifing a fence ... the fence falls down +1 second after you knifed, the tanks don't feel rigid , at boost_speed they seem to slide to the higher slope kind of bugs me out, the tanks also have poor horsepower which is very underpowered and don't speak about ground-traction it's also not good enough for a main battle tank. These are just side stuff that kind of .... would make the whole experience better but i can say that Frostbite 2 is nothing special in engine technology, infact it's weird since geometry kind of ... they seem to prioritize animation over response so basically you need to wait animation to finish which is a bad idea for FPS shooters. The RPG is kind of bugged i mean , you can't see the freaking explosion when it hits the tank and you can't visually see at which exact point rpg hit ... the RPG rocket goes through the tank model and inside the tank and the game registers the rpg hit 1 freaking second later.

There are really bad servers around, i mean, those servers are not coping with the demands, they should put less BF3 instances on one server because the GSP are totally unprepared and it's their fault for the lag, most of the lag is server-side.

Just about any contact with any other objects makes ruberbanding and imo that's why animation/physics get's out of sync.

You could die if you don't get insurance from state allstate stand all standall allstate state.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  11. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    But at least you could close your eyes with a hooker and get some thing out of it were as with COD which sounds like some kinda medical disorder you would have to watch it to be able get any enjoyment out of it.

12. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Upsetting that they don't even bother and still people pay.

13. wickerman

wickerman

Thanks Received:
    Honestly I am HIGHLY disappointing by the MW3 graphics, they are revolting. I bought the game without any research simply because some friends (and my girlfriend) all bought bought it, but once I started playing I had a little cry... It's not that the graphics are bad compared to say Battlefield 3...they are just bad full stop. They seem to be even worse than MW2. Everything is all blurry and even at 2560x1440 it feels like I'm playing 800x600. It is revolting that a $60 AAA title today can have graphics so poor.

It seems all they really did was take MW2 and reuse assets paired with assets they never included the first time around, and then just spent the next few years making MW3 themed accessories and advertising.

This is the first game I actually regret buying...

14. HookeyStreet

HookeyStreet Eat, sleep, game!

Thanks Received:
    Modern Warfare 3 is AWESOME!!!

15. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    You must be playing a different version of BF3 than me.

MxPhenom 216 and Wrigleyvillain say thanks.
  16. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Your graphics options are probably not correct. Find my post with a quote earlier in this thread I think on second page. You should be able to remove the blurriness and improve the graphics somewhat (like with proper AF) but the graphics still relatively suck apparently.

Good ol Hookey. *chuckle* :rolleyes:

17. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    Well i mean we all should have known that graphics wise it wasnt going to look any better then what you have seen in the CoD franchise already. What ive noticed is it is nothing like the trailers they released for the game, it looks like shit. i think it looks like CoD4 more then MW2.

And it will not end the franchise

http://www.gamespot.com/news/new-call-of-duty-confirmed-for-2012-6344525?tag=topstory;title

Theres a lot of milk in the cow still

18. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    "go get'em noob"

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  19. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I knew my decision not to buy a $60 map-pack would pay off.

Even as you wasted time with MW3's angry-brony campaign and then on convincing yourself that you bought a COD4 map-pack, I was busy moving up the BF3 ladder.

20. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    yeah dude my friend is giving me shit because im not getting it on xbox, not getting it at all actually. Hes like this is the greatest game ever. Every other game sucks because its not CoD! Now to keep BF3 out of this, thats the exact thing i hate about CoD now. People go oh if its not CoD then it sucks, and they call themselves gamers? Gamers dont bash every other game cuz its not CoD, they play ALL games.

21. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    When BFBC2 came out on PC the COD game was over for my son and me. Don't want to talk about gameplay and graphics but when you meet the destruction of every bit of environment that you shoot at you just can't play another FPS that isn't capable of delivering this kind of experience. Might as well continue with counterstrike.

22. Mindweaver

Mindweaver Moderato®™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm glad I didn't buy this game.. My brother bought me this game, because I told him that would be the only way I would play multiplayer with him on MW3.. We played some last night.. And he loves it, but hates BF anything.. He says it takes forever to get to the fight.. And i told him, well shit MW3 you kill someone and wait for him to spawn right behind you and kill you.. Rinse... Repeat... I hope the SP is a lot better than what i played last night in between working on my "BF3 Config Utility". Hell I played with some guys last night that was already Level 40!... Hackers are already kill it... Hell i guess all they had to do is change there MW2 cheat program to point to MW3's exe... lol

Crunching for Team TPU
  23. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Does your friend take the short-bus to school?

24. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    I think paint chips are involved as well...

Crunching for Team TPU
  25. DOM

DOM

Thanks Received:
    :roll: i dont think ill be getting mw3 i like cod bo but it gets boring after you maxed everything out :p