1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

My 8yr old says "Everyone has GTA"

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by DaMulta, Oct 26, 2010.

1. DaMulta

DaMulta My stars went supernova

Thanks Received:
    Well I was asking him if anyone had the new Fallout, and he said no one knew what that was. Then he went to say, but everyone has GTA. This is 3ed grade:rolleyes: , and he goes on to name about 10 names of all that have it including girls on his list.

I wonder what old Jack would have to say about that lol......

Edit-

This thread is about more or less the game advisory on all games, and if people really follow those guidelines. GTA just happens to be one of the top games that we all know about, and all kids know about. It has a game advisory on it that people really pay attention too.

I do watch what my son plays if any friends come over, because I don't want one of those phone calls of what were you letting them play? Same as any movie I would let him watch if he happened to have any friends over.

I bet game advisory is different depending on where you live in the world, and if you follow the guide lines on it. I would expect people in some countries to be more against violence than others also.
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  2. PVTCaboose1337

PVTCaboose1337 Graphical Hacker

Thanks Received:
    At the age of 8 I did not have GTA. It was out (the original) but I did not have it cause it was violent and there was the family computer. I had an old run down 5150 in my room, and a modem so I could connect to BBS's and such, but no violent games.

Also, kids don't have attention for Fallout, GTA is mindless violence. 8 year old's don't have "minds" yet so it is fun. That is why (IMO).
  3. [Ion]

[Ion] WCG Team Assistant

Thanks Received:
    Wow...I'm 16 and my parents won't let me get any of the GTAs
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. jasper1605

Thanks Received:
    Ion you're only 16?

Holy smokes I imagined you to be older than that! lol.

GTAs are worthless games. I can't stand rockstar, "Let's put more senseless crap into games so ppl will keep buying them. 1 whore per block? YOU'RE FIRED! THEY'RE HAS TO BE AT LEAST 10!!!"

Waste.

Put an actual storyline in a game that involves more than playing pool with a metrosexual roid addict or driving your whiny cousin around and it might be worth the cost of the disc it's on.

edit: and no, the gameplay factor received from left down right up left down right up r2 r2 l1 (r2/r1/l1/l2) is not enough to give this a title of "video game"
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  5. DaMulta

DaMulta My stars went supernova

Thanks Received:
    Dude, my son has played the New Vegas for 2 days non-stop! Eating while playing, he even laughed at the Vegas Thread where someone packed in a ton of snacks at his desk before playing! We must go to the store dad to stock up snacks for the New Fall out dad, cause remember how long the first one was:rockout:
    Radical_Edward says thanks.
  6. jasper1605

Thanks Received:
    Now THAT is a true gamer. One we should all aspire to be like :rockout::rockout:
    DaMulta says thanks.
  7. PVTCaboose1337

Thanks Received:
    I was the one who packed a whole bunch of snacks on the desk. :D

[​IMG]
  8. [Ion]

[Ion] WCG Team Assistant

Thanks Received:
    ^^ :roll: :laugh: :roll:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  9. tianhui

tianhui New Member

Thanks Received:
    I enjoyed Vice City and San Andreas back when the PS2 was still top of the line. Ugh- I'm all Nostalgic now.
  10. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    When I was 8-10 years old I played Fallout and Fallout 2. Arcanum as well (from the guys who made the first two). Of course Command and Conquer: Red Alert, its Counterstrike expansion as well as Aftermath.
  11. morpha

morpha New Member

Thanks Received:
    IMO kids should not be playing violent games at all. Desensitization is a problem.
    A list of 10 third graders who have it simply says to me there are 20 stupid parents out there.
    TRIPTEX_CAN says thanks.
  12. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  13. PVTCaboose1337

Thanks Received:
    I really love mine alot, does a good job for the money. Yours broke? Sorry to hear it, probably a loose connection.
  14. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  15. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    it works now that i dropped it XD

imported it from canada yeaaaars ago
  16. PVTCaboose1337

Thanks Received:
    Doesn't seem to get a lot of use from the looks of it! Dusty and all....
  17. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    its been in my LAN bag for a while, dont use it at home
  18. Crusader

Crusader New Member

Thanks Received:
    They're not all stupid enough to buy their kids the game for their exclusive use. Some of the time it's the parents who buy the game for themselves, but naturally the kids watch them play or just take the controller (I've only ever seen this with console users, not my intention to take a stab).
  19. streetfighter 2

streetfighter 2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    GTA is scorned by parents and therefore appealing to children. Other things that appeal to children are candy and R-rated movies...

Whether or not a child is responsible, intelligent and mentally stable enough to play GTA is up to the parents. Some parents are incapable of making this type of determination, I call them tea party members; some parents are unwilling, I call them fundies; others are unsure, I call them adults. :D

I'm taken aback by this.

The "1 whore per block" thing sounds rather absurd to me. I've played all the GTAs and I don't remember "1 whore per block", but this might be because I wasn't looking for them. (It's not exactly an integral part of the game.) My favorite part of any GTA game is the variety of vehicles (and guns). Monster trucks, planes, helicopters, cars, motorcycles, construction equipment-- To me that sounds like a good time.

Surely we can both agree that the missions in GTA can be a bit monotonous but a few are fun and you're continually unlocking weapons/cars so it's somewhat worthwhile.

Is it wrong that I do not care for plot in my video games? You won't see me in the Fallout threads because I can't figure out how to enjoy Fallout. It is simply not my type of game. My idea of a game is not having to sit through insipid dialog or dull cutscenes. This is my opinion, and I'm not about to frown on anyone else for having a different one (particularly when it's about something as trivial as video games).

Also I have no idea what that code (presumably) that you have there is. I'm guessing the "hot coffee" thing? Is it important?

If you're not mature enough for GTA then who is? Certainly not me. The word 'poop' still makes me giggle.

Much much older people also enjoy mindless violence (when relegated to movies or games). Whether or not *I* have a mind is up for debate. (I swear the box said for ages 4+ :))
  20. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    All I hear from kids inside my shop is about gta games.

I don't think they should be playing them personally, not until their balls have dropped at the very (and the female equivalent )least lol
  21. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    I don't play GTA because they're to violent, and I'm 24.:eek:
  22. DigitalUK

DigitalUK New Member

Thanks Received:
    AlienIsGOD says thanks.
  23. Red_Machine

Red_Machine

Thanks Received:
    We've had all the GTAs, and I'm 21. I don't think it'll take long to work out how young I was when we first started playing them. I remember when Vice City came out, it was like sex on a TV screen, 'cept not pr0nz.
  24. TIGR

Thanks Received:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game#Benefits
    mikeh, danik, drdaver and 3 others say thanks.
  25. Mussels

Thanks Received: