1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

my asus gtx 670 top wont post anymore :(

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by Abdo shniba, Mar 6, 2013.

1. N3trox New Member

Thanks Received:
    It probably means that whatever they did was done and it's ready to ship. :p Mines only a guess tho but i think thats true.

2. Abdo shniba

Thanks Received:
    UPDATE: as of Apr 5 they've closed my previeus RMA and started a new one that states "WAITSWAP" since then, I've been contacting them daily via email and live chat and the response is the same "we are waiting for stock to replace your card and send you a new one", I know that asus stopped production of the top model, so I'm hopping they upgrade me to daul slots gtx 680, fingers crossed ;) .

3. N3trox New Member

Thanks Received:
    I hope they won't make you wait so long. And they'll probably give you the dual slot one. ^^ But why do you want that doesn't the huge one have better cooling?

4. Abdo shniba

Thanks Received:
    the daul slot gtx 680 have 4gb of memory, requires two 6-pins power connector and features the direct cu II cooler in smaller package like the one on the gtx 670, also its over clocked, see, it's better in every way.

5. N3trox New Member

Thanks Received:
    Didn't expected that boy that escalated quickly :D so the huge one needs 2 8 pins?

6. Abdo shniba

Thanks Received:
    yeas it does, but I don't really remember as some of the 680's requires 6+8 pins power connectors.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  7. Abdo shniba

Thanks Received:
    Update: Apr 17, the RMA department contacted me today finally, they said that since my TOP model is no longer in stock they will offer me the standard gtx 670 but with 4GB of memory "(GTX670-DC2-4GD5)", should I accept or decline the offer? I've already requested to be upgraded to gtx 680, hope They agree, fingers crossed.

8. N3trox New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well i guess you can accept it but i didn't understand your last sentence you wanted a GTX 680 and they said ok? :D

9. Abdo shniba

Thanks Received:
    no, I asked them to upgrade me to a gtx 680, they still didn't agree, I'm hoping for the best.

10. Abdo shniba

Thanks Received:
    Hi, they agreed to upgrade me to a gtx 680 4GB but they said I need o pay them 30$ for it, or they can give me a gtx 680 2GB for free which is triple slots and way big for my system, also even if I agreed to pay the 30$ my visa card is not US based and I think they wont accept it, any advice guys ?

11. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    Should still be able to use your visa card, you may need to contact your bank first to stop them blocking the transaction as it's to a foreign country, $30 upgrade to 4GB 680 is insane, I would defo try for that.

12. Abdo shniba

Thanks Received:
    I don't think my bank would block it as I use it on amazon all the time.

13. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    So why would you have any concern using it? Visa is an international payment method so unless your bank blocks it and as long as the recipient accepts Visa you should be good to go :toast: I've bought from China and S Korea over the last few months with no issues :D

14. Abdo shniba

Thanks Received:
    ok, how should I pay them? do I sent them my Card info via Email?

15. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    You should ask Asus, telephone would be my preference failing that perhaps they can send you an invoice with a secure link to enter your card details, I wouldn't want to send my card details in an email....

16. Abdo shniba

Thanks Received:
    I djust asked them

17. Abdo shniba

Thanks Received:
    they told me that they will e-mail me a credit card form that I need to complete then e-mail it back to them, is it safe?

well, an upgrade form a broken gtx 670 top to gtx 680 4GB for just $30 is great deal, don't you think ;), I'm lucky this time, hope everything goes well, otherwise I'll just accept the 2GB OC'd GTX 680 offer for free, it will be great either way, wish me luck.

18. andrewsmc

andrewsmc

Thanks Received:
    Please stop double posting. Its against the forum rules.

19. Abdo shniba

Thanks Received:
    UPDATE 4/25/2013: asus shipped my replacement on Wed
    4/24/2013 via FedEx, as I've said before they agreed to upgrade me to gtx 680 however it's not the daul slot 4GB version as I requested, I had to pay $30 to get it but because my billing address is not US based my visa card was not accepted, so I ended up with the gtx 680 DC II OC model "for free "

my overall experience with asus support and RMA is good, it would have be great if I didn't have to wait over a month for the RMA to finish though,

at the end I would say I was lucky for having a positive experience with them unlike alot of people who have had nightmares with them

I will post again when I receive the card.

Final Update May.8.2013:

I just got my shiny new GTX 680, it arrived to my country from USA yesterday, sorry for the blurry images:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

it works like a charm :rockout:, I'm really happy with my RMA, thanks to asus for upgrading me from gtx 670 to gtx 680 DC II OC for free :toast:, and a big thanks to every one who participated in my thread, I really appreciate your help and effort :eek:.

20. N3trox New Member

Thanks Received:
    Better cooling, better card, what else can you want :)

21. Abdo shniba

Thanks Received:
    ^ a gtx titan :D, just kidding ;).