1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

My brother beat Crysis in 7 days... :/

Discussion in 'Games' started by Black Panther, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Black Panther

Black Panther Senior Moderatorâ„¢ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I am meaning my foster brother and he's a bit disadvantaged in that he's severely afflicted with ADHD (very hyperactive and attention deficit) and although he's 14 his mental age is of an 8 year old due to his ADHD...

I mean I'm awed.
    Either Crysis is a simple game, or he's a gaming genius?

I am playing Crysis as well, am about 3/4 along within the same 7 days but since Crysis isn't my type of game I get killed constantly so I'm playing it in god mode...:eek: The thing is that he's playing it in normal mode :eek: and I saw him finishing it today... and he told me "now what?" :ohwell:

So much for a game which I had to buy locally because I had to get it on time for his birthday... it cost me USD60! I put it on delta difficulty now and told him to try it out again... :ohwell:

Is Crysis that bad or is my brother somewhat unnaturally gifted in game-play? Due to his condition, he always fails his exams at school but in computer studies (which don't have anything to do with gaming obviously) he wins prizes, always comes first or second... which considering that his pals are 'normal' is a bit baffling?
  2. rampage

Thanks Received:
    i have completed crysis on the hardest dificualy in one weekend, but all i play is fps games "shoot em ups". so to me it was easy some find it hard if your foster brother is one to find things challenging and he stuck out at the game good on him. i found things hard at school and couldnt consintrate at things for a long time, but its all about finding somthing you find interesting (mine was the firebrigade and eventualy joinging the military) that will draw your attention and before you know it things start to improve all round..
  3. Gam'ster

Gam'ster New Member

Thanks Received:
    u got pwn'ed :), Congratz to ur brother :rockout:.
    I used to work a lot with disadvantaged children and adults and sometimes people with a disability will find something and be amazing at it, like that autistic guy who drew the city of London from memory alone.

Gam
  4. Urbklr

Urbklr

Thanks Received:
    Wow, 7 days?...You must not get much time to play it. I beat it in 3 Days when i first got it....Which was two days before it came out(My EB Games sold it to me when it came in stock...lawl)
  5. DrPepper

DrPepper The Doctor is in the house

Thanks Received:
    Crysis is quite an easy game when you find out the quicksave button.
  6. GJSNeptune

GJSNeptune New Member

Thanks Received:
    Seven days is a long time.
  7. farlex85

farlex85 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hours of actual gameplay would be a more accurate measurement of time, which Crysis will come in somewhere around the 10hr mark. Doesn't matter how many days that spreads out to. You could do it in one if your a practiced wow veteran. :laugh:
  8. DrPepper

DrPepper The Doctor is in the house

Thanks Received:
    I want to try speedrun it for an hour :eek::wtf:
  9. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    He probably plays it a lot more than you do. I have a friend that has Adult ADHD, and video games are one of the few things that keep his attention, and one of the few things he can spend hours doing a day without stopping and losing focus. Perhaps your bother is similar, if the game is keeping his attention he is probably playing it a lot and hence beat it quickly.
    intel igent and Black Panther say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  10. niko084

niko084

Thanks Received:
    Beat it day one myself...

Took me 2 days to beat it on Delta.

It's pretty simple if you are naturally good at fps games.
  11. Black Panther

Black Panther Senior Moderatorâ„¢ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Yup you got him perfectly there. He's the type of guy where if you start a conversation and say a sentence he'd skip to a totally different topic immediately, talk about a 3 second attention span? But yes computer games... it's a different story, probably my parents can worship Charles Babbage who started it all in the 1800's because with the aid of a pc they can rest without fearing he'd set the house on fire (he nearly did several times really...)

What surprised me is that his motor reactions are very clumsy IRL, I mean for example he goes to pick his fork and in the process (if he doesn't drop it) he hits the plate noisily, barely picks up any food and in the process of getting the fork in his mouth he throws food on the table, because he's busy talking on anything else and not paying attention on what he's doing, yet manages to manouevre a (cheap) mouse, shoot stuff with just one click... I mean it's awesome, perfect aim, bang, drop, aim, bang, drop... I couldn't aim better myself. Let alone that it's miraculous that he actually gets immersed in the game for more than one hour!

I would have already been disappointed in the first place had I known that a 'normal' teen could have beat the game in a week, I don't really mean to bash Crysis but I didn't expect that a $60 game has barely 10-12 hours of play, even though sincerely I wasn't expecting my bro to keep up...
  12. TUngsten

TUngsten

Thanks Received:
    I was really disappointed at
    A) how short the game was
    2) how easy it was on Delta
  13. J-Man

J-Man New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have noticed on Delta, it still seems you're playing on normal but also on Dleta, the guys speak Korean.
  14. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    I don't think this is unusual in anyway.

I rather a lot of cases sufferers of ADHD often finds something that calms them, sometimes is mechanics, working with cars. maybe your nephews is gaming.
  15. lemonadesoda

lemonadesoda

Thanks Received:
    There was an interesting story in the news a few days ago... about a guy who lost all senses in his nerves for motor control. He was paralysed. However, his muscles still worked... it was just a mess.

With a lot of patience and perseverence, he can now walk and eat himself. But he has to WATCH every move he makes... because he doesnt get sensory feedback.

Perhaps his disability is mildly similar. His motor skills, esp, 3D, are not good. Can he ride a bike? Play football?

But with a mouse, he is working in 2D not 3D, and the feedback is immediate with the mouse pointer. Could be he can do that 100% (after training) but the fork and 3D motor is still hard.

Perhaps a Wii would be a god present. To game in 3D and develop 3D motor skills. (Guess, since I never even saw a Wii yet... and I have no idea how accurate the controller is. But just a thought)
  16. TonyStark

TonyStark New Member

Thanks Received:
    Cloak mode = win mode.
  17. intel igent

intel igent New Member

Thanks Received:
    good point

as a person with ADD i can say that one thing i can focus on easily is video games; might have something to do with multi-tasking/multi-stimulation? not really shure :confused: it's rather perplexing :wtf:

could also be that he is more familiar with that style of gameplay?
  18. psyko12

psyko12

Thanks Received:
    Wow glad to see that your brother is keeping his attention on gaming rather than setting your house on fire... Meh crysis hehe sorry but I did not like the game... I know I got a piss poor rig to run it but played it on another high spec'd machine.. Just enjoyed the view nothing more :D
  19. Egneil

Thanks Received:
    I think this idea would help your brother by keeping his attention on games and 3D motor skills. I don't know if this is similar thou.

I haven't played Crysis myself because I have a horrible gaming system and no money to upgrade.:ohwell: