• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

My computer 'PIAK!' T_T

Hello guys, i hope here is the correct place for me to ask...i encounter a problem yesterday and i need help

2 weeks ago i bought some items to upgrade my rig and yes, that was my first time to setup a pc. i read the manual and plug in everything and :laugh: i was able to turn on the pc. So i assume i plug in everthing correctly lo and i able to play games, watch movie blablabla untill yesterday when i watching youtube and i wanted to go grab a drink, when i stood up and turn around i heard 'PIAK!' from my pc, when i look back at my pc, it restarted and my monitor blank, so i quickly turn off my pc plug out power cable and open my casing. The thing is i dont see/smell smoke, i don see fire or anything, i touched my GC, CPU HDD, it was not very hot as well. Then i plug back power cable and try on my pc, it can on . So after went into window, my display setting drop to 800*600, then i try open video,songs,IE,MSN and even try out game (The Last Remnant with high setting),3dmark vantage and seems like ok.

so my question is :
1) how can i 100% sure that I setup/plug in my pc correctly?
2) when there is 'PIAK!' sound come out, something really not right, how can i check what thing cause the 'PIAK!' sound so that i can quickly claim warranty before too late...

My PC spec:
CPU: AMD 720BE - 3 core original clock speed (New item)
GPU: Galaxy GTX 260+ - factory oc speed (New item)
PSU: Silver Stone SF56F (New item)
Mobo: MSI 770 C45 (New item)
RAM: Kingston 1x 2GB value RAM (New item)
Casing: dono what brand but its a ATX casing
HDD: dono what brand buts its 200GB HDD
DVD Rom x1
Mouse & keyboard
2.1 SonicGear speaker

Thanks everyone :toast: