1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

My dog might die

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by SK-1, Apr 16, 2009.

1. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    Yay, it's not heartworms! *pukes again*
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. DaMulta

DaMulta My stars went supernova

Thanks Received:
    Dogs are tougher than what people think IMO. I glad that he is pulling it together and feeling better.

Losing a good dog is hard, because not all of them make it to a feeling of love like one of your kids.....
    I had too put my Boxer Lab down year before last.....I had him from a kid. He got to where he could not walk and was going to the bathroom on himself without caring. He was just dieing.
    e
    So I had to take his life looking into his eyes in my backyard. Told him that he had been a great dog and that I WOULD always remember him. Then you know what I did, and it was a very hard thing and mersible thing to do.

One thing funny is that is funny last fall I ran into one of his pups, and his mother was a Great Dane that lived up the woods a little(I know who owns this dog, he runs the auto repair shop and she is the watch dog)(He would go girling for a few weeks out of the year just disappear LOL) OMG He looks JUST LIKE HIM, just huge because his mother is a Great Dane lol, but I know that he lived on in at least one of his pups.
  3. jagass New Member

Thanks Received:
    Sad to hear that...I hope your friend will recover...
  4. CyberDruid

CyberDruid New Member

Thanks Received:
    Just took my old hound to the vet today. He was in such a bad state we were going to put him down but I decided to try heavy pain meds first and see how he responds. He's still got a great deal of interest in life and I don't wnat to be hasty.

The doc loaded me up with meds...100 50mg Tramadol, 100 300MG Gabapentin and something to help his stomach with all the pills and his anti-inflammatories.

He was high as a kite after 125mg of Tramadol...back to his old tricks and bveing a regular PITA :D
  5. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    glad to hear you've been able to have the condition diagnosed!

Truly, though - I've been around dogs my whole life, and we've had to put down about 5 now . . .

. . . and none are any easier than the next - without a doubt, it's one of the hardest choices to make. Honestly, I've even said many times before - it's easier to lose a loved one than it is to lose a pet.

Anyhow - that husky still has some life left to him, for sure - 13 is still going strong, man! :toast:
  6. denice25 New Member

Thanks Received:
    it's sad to hear mate... hope everything will be ok..
  7. BarbaricSoul

BarbaricSoul

Thanks Received:
    that's good news SK-1. Sounds like with alittle TLC, you still have some time left with your beloved friend.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  8. crtecha

crtecha New Member

Thanks Received:
    Best of luck to you sk-1 and pet him a few extra times for me.
  9. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    what are you telling us you shot your dog? why didnt you take it to the vet to get put down
    is that even legal is it even humane?

hope everyones dogs are okay, they are just like humans they get sick too but that doesnt mean you automatic put them down, you wouldn't do this to a human
  10. PsychoD

PsychoD New Member

Thanks Received:
    SK-1, hes absolutely adorable. I wish yourself and Wilson all the best.
    SK-1 says thanks.
  11. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    I run with my dog all the time. If you run with your dog (even for just a few miles a week, though I do 4 miles every other day) they could easily live many years beyond regular expectancy, even to 20 years. I'm very glad to hear things are going better, best of luck and prayers to you and your dog.
  12. DaMulta

DaMulta My stars went supernova

Thanks Received:
    It was instant so I would say it was humane. I think it would been more in-humane to take him to a place that he does not know to put him down.

If I was that sick I would hope someone who loved me would put me down also, and not in a damn hospital.
  13. crtecha

crtecha New Member

Thanks Received:

in your situation I would have handled it the same. No animal should suffer.
  14. Ongaku New Member

Thanks Received:
    aww I'm so sorry...:( I lost my cat a few months ago...I know your pain all too well :( She wasn't eating or drinking...turns out her kidneys were failing. We had to put her down :( But, it was a good thing to do, she was old (15) and it was her time.

A few days before we had to put her down, she was sleeping on her cat throne (made this bed that sits on our radiator) and I just started crying because I knew what was happening. She got up and sat on my computer tower and looked at me and meowed....it's bringing tears to my eyes thinking about it now.

We did everything for her, she was one spoiled cat lol and knowing that, I smile :) Miss the loud constant meows though, she was such a mouth :laugh:
  15. Atomic Rooster New Member

Thanks Received:
    SK-1 says thanks.
  16. Taz100420

Taz100420

Thanks Received:
    Man we had to put our 17 year old Doberman Pincher down in 2005 2 days after Christmas. She had hip displacia. She could not move her hind end and would defecate all over herself and couldnt help it. We hated to see her try and get up and just whine. It was Christmas when she took the worst turn......She could not do anything not even move. Before we took her to the vet, we let her play in the snow one last time.......she loved the snow even in her condition and she did everything in her will to root around. I miss Rowdy!!!!

I feel ya man!
  17. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I with ya on this DaMulta. I took my hound to the vet and had him put down. Ill never do that again. I owed it to him to do it myself and not let a stranger do it. The odd thing is I always did it myself for years. But this dog was special so I decided to take him to the vet and do the "Humane" thing. I regret it. Kudos to you man :toast:

And for you doubters there is nothing more instant that a shotgun.
  18. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    what?
    Legal? Well, depending on where he is probably no. It is illegal to fire a weapon in city limits. However it was very humane. I would rather take my dog outside and shoot him through the head then drag him through a long, miserable car ride to a vet (animals hate vets). Most of the time, headshots are instant death.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  19. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    +1

Off topic: What happen to your "Yes We Can" avy Hat?