1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

My EA account has been hacked

Discussion in 'Games' started by Jaffakeik, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    Today I got email from ea.com that my account details been changed(email and password)
    I havent used EA for some while now,but when i tried to log in i cant.and it says my email dont exist anymore on ea.com database. Tried to find email how to contact ea, but cant find any support email on they stupid homepage.
    So if anyone hade same problem and solved it help me :) Good that I didnt had any payment details on account,but still i could loose games i already registred there as a multiplayer option
    AsRock says thanks.
  2. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    If i was you i would make another account using a different email address and get in touch with them that way.
  3. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
  4. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    I cant find in those HELP section anything related to Origin account hacking?theres only game account hacking releted topics, but no EA hacked account solution.
    can you just give me email address where do i need to write,because I cant find any email related to my problem.
  5. flmatter

flmatter

Thanks Received:
    I would create a new account and re-register all your EA games to that new acct. Did you click anything in the email and try to log on from there or did you close email and go to EA and log on that way? I am sure you got hacked if you clicked thru by the email link. phishing attack. I NEVER click links from any company saying my acct has been changed in anyway. I either google the site or favorites tab and enter from there. If nothing has changed then I forward the email to the hacks/phishing acct for the said company.

They are your games and you will not lose them. Just create a new acct and re-register the game(s) to your new email. Might be a pita to do it but it keeps everything in line
  6. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    email didint said,that my account been hacked,it said email been changed(and email was shown aswell something from @gmail.com,then i opened origin and couldnt log in,didnt opened any links in email.
    but will try to reregister to different account.
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  7. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    I don't get it. EA games are tied to your e-mail account. So, somebody hacked EA and got your email address and your password. Then he asked for an email change. EA sent a confirmation request to your e-mail. Have you agreed to this? Or maybe your e-mail address is hacked? Is that possible?
  8. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    yes my EA is hacked,when i tried to recover my password to my email i used on account it said such email dont exist,so hacker just changed my email to his own.
    and one more thing, i tried to get into account with help of tied facebook account,and it worked but in my account was showing his email adress,and i cant change email adress without knowing password,what i dont know.and i after that I changed password and email to my facbook aswell.to be safe,and for all other gameing accounts i got.
  9. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Changing them might of been a error unless you used another system.. I hope you got all your receipts.

Maybe he hacked their system and that's how he did it ?. I still think making a new account be the best way to go.

OOh i did find this though using Yahoo search thinking if you phone the UK number they could give you the right one with email address too.

http://www.ea.com/1/privacy-contacts

EDIT http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/1097841.page
    Jaffakeik says thanks.
  10. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    I wrote to them, will see what they will answear.IF not I will just make new account and will try to register my games there. thanks for help
  11. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:
    If you had your CC info in your account you might want to cancel the card.
  12. XNine

XNine CaseLabs Rep

Thanks Received:
  13. bpgt64

bpgt64

Thanks Received:
    At the risk of Alienating myself with the majority of this board. This happened to me, about..3 months ago, I called in, used my email history of purchases(and in turn keys). They restored everything. Was somewhat scary, for me, as I had a SWTOR account, on top of all my Battlefield stuff tied to that account. But they came through, as I had a huge paper trail proving ownership.
  14. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    no worries i did not had any of billing info or cards in account.
    Tehy replied to me asked some info about my account before hacking.I sended em info hope they will solve my problem.
  15. lyndonguitar

lyndonguitar I play games

Thanks Received:
    this is a big problem in ea support, you could just change someones accounts email address without actually sending a confirmation to the current email address. just by talking to support, pretending he lost that account to hackers, i know many people who was hacked like that.

They talked to email support and got it back. its easy to get accounts back. its also easy to lose one.

hope you get your account back
  16. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    EA needs step two verification and now. The way Origin and Battlelog is setup now its a free for all. They need to take note from Steam and Gmail on how to secure an account.
    Jaffakeik and AsRock say thanks.
  17. H82LUZ73

H82LUZ73

Thanks Received:
    Guys I noticed a certain server(Nogamers) that does this,Easy way to tell if you log out and your pw in Origin is not there (this means they are changing it)Had to change my account three times in a week.I would log off then Origin would have no pw in the box.So i change mine like underwear the last 2 weeks.I usually say like this for pw fuxuhaxer........Last time it happened over Easter weekend,The whole EA log on servers would not work.So Just change your passwords ounce or twice a week.
  18. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    I got my account back :) thanks for advices
  19. JOSHSKORN New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thank you for this thread. I forwarded the E-mail change notification to support@ea.com. as this just happened to me moments ago. How anyone could change any account details is beneath me. What horrible security on EA's part. Hopefully I can get my account back.
  20. Jetster

Jetster

Thanks Received:
    Make sure its not a fake e mail Phishing
  21. JOSHSKORN New Member

Thanks Received:
    I don't get how it could be. I tried to sign into Origin from EA's website and it didn't recognize my E-mail address. I also tried from the Origin application and never received the reset key in my Inbox. This request seemingly went through, not telling me that the E-mail address did not exist in the system.
  22. Jetster

Jetster

Thanks Received:
    Thats fine, I just meant not to use a link in the e-mail to access your account